August 20, 2007 New York Giants Injury Report: Here is an updated status report on the players that were injured against the Ravens on Sunday night:
- CB Sam Madison (hamstring): “I really don’t have a lot to report on that,” said Head Coach Tom Coughlin yesterday. “Normally depending on the severity, it would be a couple of weeks. We will have to see what that is all about.”
- S Will Demps (elbow): “Will Demps and the right elbow dislocation, again prognosis in the three-week range,” said Coughlin.
- TE Jeremy Shockey (hamstring): “He is in the limited category,” said Coughlin. “Hopefully there’s not much to it. He does have tightness. Hopefully that can be worked out right away so that Jeremy can practice this week. We will have to see. That is another one of those things that I can tell you what is the written word, but we are going to have to see how it goes.”
- OC/OG Grey Ruegamer (ankle): “Ruegamer has the high ankle sprain and he will probably miss the rest of the preseason,” said Coughlin.
- WR Steve Smith (concussion): “Steve Smith with the concussion seems to be doing well today,” said Coughlin. “We will have to take all the neuro-type examinations.”
- WR Michael Jennings (Achilles): Surgery necessary. Done for the season.
- DT Jonas Seawright (concussion): Will undergo the same tests as Smith.
New York Giants to Sign Kick Returner?: The Star-Ledger is reporting that the Giants will sign S/KR J.R. Reed, who has spent time with the Eagles, Rams, and Falcons.