THANK YOU to Those Who Have Donated!!! As I have received contributions for the annual BBI donation campaign, I have attempted to send thank-you e-mails to those who have given. In some instances, I have not been able to do either because I am receiving e-mail delivery error messages or, in the case of donations sent to the P.O. Box, I do not know the person’s e-mail address.
For those who have donated, thank you from the bottom of my heart for your contributions. Also, thank you for the notes of support, advice, and encouragement. Each letter or note is carefully read and appreciated. If you have not received a thank-you e-mail from me, then it is only because I was unable to do so for the reasons mentioned above.
Meanwhile, the contribution campaign does continue. I encourage readers to not wait until the last minute to donate. Remember, the campaign will only run until the beginning of the 2007 NFL season.
For more information on the donation campaign and how to contribute, please see the BBI donation page.
Injury Report: Here is an updated status report on the players that were injured against the Ravens on Sunday night:
- CB Sam Madison (hamstring): “I really don’t have a lot to report on that,” said Head Coach Tom Coughlin yesterday. “Normally depending on the severity, it would be a couple of weeks. We will have to see what that is all about.”
- S Will Demps (elbow): “Will Demps and the right elbow dislocation, again prognosis in the three-week range,” said Coughlin.
- TE Jeremy Shockey (hamstring): “He is in the limited category,” said Coughlin. “Hopefully there’s not much to it. He does have tightness. Hopefully that can be worked out right away so that Jeremy can practice this week. We will have to see. That is another one of those things that I can tell you what is the written word, but we are going to have to see how it goes.”
- OC/OG Grey Ruegamer (ankle): “Ruegamer has the high ankle sprain and he will probably miss the rest of the preseason,” said Coughlin.
- WR Steve Smith (concussion): “Steve Smith with the concussion seems to be doing well today,” said Coughlin. “We will have to take all the neuro-type examinations.”
- WR Michael Jennings (Achilles): Surgery necessary. Done for the season.
- DT Jonas Seawright (concussion): Will undergo the same tests as Smith.
Giants to Sign Kick Returner?: The Star-Ledger is reporting that the Giants will sign S/KR J.R. Reed, who has spent time with the Eagles, Rams, and Falcons.
Head Coach Tom Coughlin’s Monday Conference Call: The transcript of Head Coach Tom Coughlin’s conference call with the media from yesterday is available at Giants.com.