BBI Chat Session With Carl Banks Today: BBI will be hosting a chat session in The Corner Forum with former Giant great linebacker Carl Banks today at 3:00PM. Our special thanks for BBI poster “Sgrcts” for setting this up.
Rookie Free Agents Signed: Following up on our “News and Notes” update of April 28th, according to the NFLPA, the Giants have signed the following rookie free agents:
- DE Maurice Evans (Penn State) – 3-year contract
- DE Alex Field (Virginia) – 3-year contract
- DT Dwayne Hendricks (Miami) – 3-year contract
- LB/S Kenny Ingram (Florida State) – 3-year contract
- S Sha’reff Rashad (Central Florida) – 3-year contract
- CB Bruce Johnson (Miami) – 3-year contract
It is still believed that CB Vince Anderson (Webber International) has also signed with the Giants.
Scouting reports on most of these players are available in the 2009 NFL Draft Review and Rookie Free Agent Signings section of the website.
The Daily News is reporting that the following players are expected to attend the Giants’ mini-camp on a tryout basis:
- WR Maurice Covington (Virginia)
- C Ryan Shuman (Virginia Tech)
- OT Jesse Miller (Michigan State)
- DE Kenny Mainor (Troy)
- DE Robert St. Clair (Florida Atlantic)
- S Trimane Goddard (North Carolina)
- S/CB Derek Pegues (Mississippi State)
Giants Workout Offensive Lineman: According to Scout.com, OG/OT Charles Spencer worked out for the Giants yesterday. Spencer was originally drafted in the 3rd round of the 2006 NFL Draft by the Houston Texans. Spencer missed most of the 2006 and all of the 2007 seasons with a broken leg. The Texans waived Spencer in July 2008. He then spent some time with the Panthers in camp before spending the 2008 season with the Jaguars. The Jaguars waived him on April 29th.
Article on the Giants’ Rookie Mini-Camp: Breaking Down New York Giants Rookie Camp by Mike Garafolo of The Star-Ledger
Article on WR Hakeem Nicks: Nicks Has Chance to Make Giant Impression by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
Article on WR Ramses Barden: Giants’ Barden Does Right by Dad by Vinny DiTrani of The Bergen Record
Article on H-Back Travis Beckum: Giants Might Use Rookie Beckum at H-Back by Tom Rock of Newsday