August 2, 2010 New York Giants Training Camp Reports: To see the latest BBI training camp reports, please visit the Training Camp section of the website.
Additional Training Camp Reports: The following media sources have also provided training camp reports:
- ESPN (Morning Practice)
- Star-Ledger (Morning Practice)
- Star-Ledger (Afternoon Practice)
- Daily News (Morning Practice)
- Daily News (Afternoon Practice)
Injury Report: Not practicing yesterday in either practice were OC Shaun O’Hara (ankle), safety Kenny Phillips (PUP – knee), and offensive guard Kevin Boothe (PUP – chest).
Coughlin indicated that O’Hara’s injury was an aggravation of an injury that he suffered in the summer.
“(The ankle injury) was kind of a surprise to me as well,” said O’Hara. “I felt good running yesterday, and the next thing you know there was some fluid and some swelling. We are taking it easy right now and trying to get some of it out. We want to make sure that we are being smart about it, and we’ll take it from there.”
Not practicing in the morning were DE Osi Umenyiora (hip), WR Hakeem Nicks (toe), LB Keith Bulluck (knee), and TE Kevin Boss (ankle). All four practiced in the afternoon.
Articles on the Defensive Line:
- With Justin Tuck, Mathias Kiwanuka, Osi Umenyiora and Jason Pierre-Paul, D-Line Depth Defines Giants by Ralph Vacchiano of The Daily News
- Giants Are Blessed at Defensive End by Ohm Youngmisuk of ESPNNewYork.com
- Mathias Kiwanuka Discussed Holdout With His Agent But Decided Against It by Mike Garafolo of The Star-Ledger
- Giants Excited by Rookie Jason Pierre-Paul’s Athleticism by Mike Garafolo of The Star-Ledger
Article on the New Defensive Veterans: Newcomers’ Goal: Make Giant Impact by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
Article on the Linebacking Corps: Giants’ Linebackers Have Plenty to Prove by Mark Viera of The New York Times
Article on the Offensive Line: If Beatty Emerges, Diehl, Seubert Face Changes by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
Notes: There are two practices today, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. For details, check out the camp schedule in the Training Camp section of the website.
Recently retired safety Marlon McCree, who played for Tom Coughlin in Jacksonville, is helping to coach the Giants safeties at training camp.