BBI Donation Campaign – Only About Two Weeks Left: Once again, we need your help! The annual BBI Donation Campaign continues. If you value this website, please check out the details on the BBI Donation Page.
Even a small donation helps.
I would like to thank those who have been kind enough to donate even a small amount during these tough economic times. Your financial support and the many words of encouragement that have been sent are very, very much appreciated. Thank you!!!
BBI on North Carolina Radio: We will be on WAVO 1150 AM (Charlotte) and WTIX 1410 AM (Concord) out of North Carolina this Sunday at 11:15AM to talk about New York Giants football. The radio feed will also be streamed over the net in the WAVO link above. The call-in number is 704-596-4900.
Injury Report – Cornerback Aaron Ross Ailing: Not practicing yesterday were QB Jim Sorgi (shoulder), HB D.J. Ware (concussion), WR Ramses Barden (back), H-Back Travis Beckum (neck), OG Kevin Boothe (PUP – chest), DE Jason Pierre-Paul (groin), DT Chris Canty (groin), LB Chase Blackburn (knee), CB Terrell Thomas (calf), CB Aaron Ross (foot), S Michael Johnson (back), and S Sha’reff Rashad (concussion).
It appears that Aaron Ross, who has a plantar fascia tear (contrary to what Head Coach Tom Coughlin said yesterday), is done for the preseason and that the painful injury may nag him all season.
Here are some other tidbits:
- Terrell Thomas: “He was sore, so we’re just giving him some recovery,” said Coughlin. “The calf thing has been bugging him.”
- Chris Canty: “(No update) other than the fact that the MRI did not show anything of great significance and hopefully he’ll come along fast,” said Coughlin.
- Jim Sorgi: “Icing, rehabbing, just trying to get healthy for next Thursday (the preseason finale),” said Sorgi. “There are some things I can do. There are some things I can’t do. Trying to stay away from things that irritate it and playing it because you don’t want to set yourself back right now.”
- Ramses Barden: “The diagnosis was good and (the doctor) said there’s no nerve damage, and no threat of nerve damage as long as I take the proper precautions on the front end, which is what we’re doing right now,” said Barden. “I’ve been staying off the field, wearing a little brace, and trying to do some extra core work. I’m trying to come back as soon as possible… No exact timetable (for my return)… Right now, we might be in that stage where it could get worse, so we’re taking the proper precautions. When I can go full, I can’t wait. I’m in the pool right now doing some running and swimming and trying to keep everything else strong and ready.”
OC Shaun O’Hara (ankle) and RG Chris Snee (knee) appeared limited in practice.
Player Media Q&A’s: Transcripts and video clips of yesterday’s media Q&A’s with the following players are available at Giants.com:
- QB Eli Manning (Video)
- QB Jim Sorgi (Video)
- D.J. Ware (Video)
- WR Ramses Barden (Video)
- DE Osi Umenyiora (Video)
- DT Chris Canty (Video)
- CB Terrell Thomas (Video)
- S Antrel Rolle (Video)
Article on DE’s Osi Umenyiora and Mathias Kiwanuka: Perry Fewell Using Packages to Get Osi Umenyiora and Mathias Kiwanuka on the Field at the Same Time by Ralph Vacchiano of The Star-Ledger
Article on CB Aaron Ross: Aaron Ross Discouraged Over Latest Ailment by Vinny DiTrani of The Bergen Record
BBI Store: Have you checked out the BBI Store lately for DVDs and books on the Giants?