Craig Marshall – Photo by US Presswire
Less Than Three Weeks Left in the BBI Contribution Campaign: There are less than three weeks left in the annual BBI Contribution Campaign. Please help to keep BBI up and running for our 18th year. Any amount will help. For details, please see the BBI Contribution section of the website.
Giants Must Pare Roster to 53 Today: By 9:00PM tonight, the Giants must reduce their roster from 75 to 53.
Injury Updates: There were injury updates on the following players yesterday:
- DE Justin Tuck (shoulder): “We’re just keeping our eye on things,” said Tuck. “Making sure that we do our due diligence, and not let anything surprise us like last year.”
- CB Prince Amukamara (ankle): “I’m out of the walking boot,” said Amukamara. “I’ve been rehabbing, walking better, and it feels a lot better than it did last week. It’s only been six days, so we’re still taking it day-by-day…I haven’t been able to run, but walking is good, and getting on my toes is good, and I couldn’t even do that three days ago so I’m glad that I’m progressing…The doctor was impressed with how quick I’ve been improving. He said that it’s still a day-by-day thing, and I need to start running and practicing first, and I haven’t done that yet, so after I get the ok from the trainers we’ll go from there…I’m thinking Week 2 is more promising, but I want Week 1 to be promising as well. They haven’t told me yes (about the Dallas game), they haven’t told me no.”
- CB Jayron Hosley (toe): “We’re going to get some work out there when practice starts and see how it goes,” said Hosley. “I’ve done a little running on it earlier this week. It felt pretty good for the most part, just some small adjustments with the shoe and the padding, so I think I’ll be good for the most part…I’m taking it day-by-day. Right now I’m feeling pretty confident that I’ll be ready, and the trainers have been doing a great job with me. The trainers have been doing a great job of getting me ready, getting me prepared to get back on the field as soon as possible. I’m feeling pretty confident about playing against Dallas…(I feel it most) when exploding. That’s the concern right now…I want to practice on it; we’ll see how that goes.”
- OT Will Beatty (back): “He practiced a little bit at the end of the week last week and it was encouraging and he’s continuing to work hard on his core and his conditioning and he seemed to be okay after having a few snaps in practice and so I’m really looking forward to seeing the continuation of this routine, this physical strengthening session that Will has started and he’s making some progress and I’m looking forward to seeing him on Saturday,” said Head Coach Tom Coughlin. “I think if he continues to make progress, then we should be able to get him back for the (Dallas game).”
- DT Marvin Austin (back): “I don’t have any more clarity, I know that there’s optimism,” said Coughlin. “I don’t know how long for Marvin, that they would feel it’s necessary to hold him. I can understand the longer the better. It’s a little bit frustrating because of the lack of time he had to spend on the field during preseason, and that definitely, definitely, is going to prevent him from being where he should be once he comes off of the injury. There are some issues that have to be dealt with there.”
- CB Terrell Thomas (knee): “I wouldn’t even guess (when he will return),” said Coughlin. “I’m not capable of that. Medically it has not been indicated to me.”
Head Coach Tom Coughlin’s Thursday Media Conference Call: The transcript yesterday’s media conference call with Head Coach Tom Coughlin is available at Giants.com.
Player Media Q&As: Transcripts and video clips of media Q&As with the following players are available at Giants.com:
- QB David Carr (Video)
- HB Andre Brown (Video)
- WR David Douglas (Video)
- DE Justin Tuck (Video)
- DE Adewale Ojomo (Video)
- CB Prince Amukamara (Video)
- CB Laron Scott (Video)
WR Hakeem Nicks on ESPN Radio: The audio of yesterday’s ESPN Radio interview with WR Hakeem Nicks is available at ESPN.com.
LB Mathias Kiwanuka on WFAN: The audio of yesterday’s WFAN interview with LB Mathias Kiwanuka is available at CBSNewYork.com.
Lawrence Taylor on ESPN Radio: The audio of yesterday’s ESPN Radio interview with former Giants linebacker Lawrence Taylor is available at ESPN.com.
Article on Cut-Down Day: It’s Nervous Time for Many Young Giants by Kieran Darcy of ESPNNewYork.com
Article on DE Justin Tuck: Giants’ Justin Can’t Tuck Away Memory of Missed Chance by Ralph Vacchiano of The Daily News
Article on DE Adewale Ojomo: Adewale Ojomo: The Would-Be-Giant Who Found a Way to Flash by Greg Hanlon of CapitalNewYork.com
Article on Phil Simms’ Views on the Giants: Simms: Giants Have What It Takes to Make Another Super Bowl Run by Justin Terranova of The New York Post
Did You Know That Shopping at Amazon.com Through BBI Helps Support This Website?: BBI is a member of the Amazon.com Associates Program. By purchasing Amazon.com products through BBI’s Amazon.com link (also listed in the right-side menu bar), a small percentage of the sale will be paid to BBI. This in no way influences the price you would normally pay Amazon.com.
Watch the Giants Defend Their Super Bowl Title in Person: Visit GoTickets.com.