September 21, 2012 New York Giants Injury Report: Some detail was provided on the following injured players yesterday:
- CB Corey Webster (broken hand): “He can play with it. He can play with it,” said Head Coach Tom Coughlin. “His presence out there is very important to us. I’m thinking he will be okay.”
- CB Jayron Hosley (hamstring): “It’s feeling good, a little sore,” said Hosley. “I’ll be good. I had an ultrasound showing nothing, so that’s a good thing…Nothing major. Good thing it wasn’t a full tear or anything like that, so that’s good…I think (I’ll play against the Eagles). I’m confident in that.”
- LB Keith Rivers (hamstring): “Feeling better, better than yesterday,” Rivers said. “It was just running. It’s a hamstring so, tricky like that.” However, Rivers said he is not sure he will be ready for the next game against the Eagles. “It’s been very frustrating,” Rivers said. “Frustrating is putting it mildly. You work really hard to show off what you did in the offseason and to have a little nagging injury hamper everything is really frustrating.”
- S Antrel Rolle (knee lacerations/bruise): “I don’t think he’s going to miss any time,” said Coughlin.
- HB Ahmad Bradshaw (neck): “I have no idea (if he will be ready for the game against the Eagles),” said Coughlin. “He’s going to have to pass the doctor’s like the rest of them. I’m thinking he will. He’s a tough guy.”
- WR Hakeem Nicks (foot): “We’ll see. We’ll see (if he can play against the Eagles),” said Coughlin.
Eli Manning Wins “FedEx NFL AIR Player of the Week”: QB Eli Manning has been named the “FedEx NFL AIR Player of the Week” for his performance against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers last Sunday. In that game, Manning completed 31-of-51 passes for 510 yards, 3 touchdowns, and 3 interceptions.
General Manager Jerry Reese’s Post-Game Media Session: The video from General Manager Jerry Reese’s post-game media session is available at Giants.com.
Player Media Q&As: Transcripts and video clips of media Q&As with the following players are available at Giants.com:
- HB Andre Brown (Video)
- WR Ramses Barden (Video)
- LB Michael Boley (Video)
- CB Jayron Hosley (Video)
- CB Prince Amukamara (Video)
- S Antrel Rolle (Video)
Giants.com Interview with HB Andre Brown: The video of a Giants.com interview with HB Andre Brown is available at Giants.com.
Giants on WFAN: Audio clips of yesterday’s WFAN interviews with the following players are available at CBSNewYork.com:
Article on the 2012 New York Giants:
- Confidence Builds Fast Since Downbeat Opener by Mark Cannizzaro of The New York Post
- How to Feed an Army of Giants by Joshua Robinson of The Wall Street Journal
Article on QB Eli Manning: Manning Delivers – With His Mouth by Ian O’Connor of ESPNNewYork.com
Article on QB Eli Manning and WR Ramses Barden: How Elite? Eli Manning Makes Magic With Good-Guy Backup Ramses Barden by Greg Hanlon of CapitalNewYork.com
Article on HB Andre Brown and WR Ramses Barden: Upon Further Review; Next Man Up by Michael Eisen of Giants.com
Article on TE Martellus Bennett: Bennett Looks Like Real Deal at Tight End by Stan Olson of ESPNNewYork.com
Article on CB Prince Amukamara: Prince Amukamara Shows Giants Teammates ‘Fire’ After Unnecessary Roughness Penalty by Jenny Vrentas of The Star-Ledger