August 19, 2013 New York Giants Injury Report: Head Coach Tom Coughlin provided the following injury updates on Monday afternoon when addressing the press via conference call:
- OC David Baas suffered a sprained medial collateral ligament (MCL) in his left knee. “Well, it’s weekly,” said Coughlin. “That’s all I can tell you. It depends on how fast that whole injury and rehab goes. We say weekly and that’s probably the best I can do right now.”
- WR Victor Cruz suffered a heal contusion. “We’ll see where he stands with that as the days go by,” said Coughlin. “He probably will not practice (on Tuesday), although I haven’t seen him. We’ll have to take that one as it comes.”
- DE Justin Tuck strained a hamstring. “Justin Tuck has a mild hamstring and, again, who knows?” Coughlin said. “Come (Tuesday) morning, it may be that he can’t work at all and hopefully he’ll have an opportunity to do some things. That’s the word I have now.”
Coughlin also provided updates on the following players who did not play against the Colts:
- FB Henry Hynoski (knee -PUP): “Hynoski has been working very well. They’re pleased with his work.”
- S Antrel Rolle (ankle): “The projection is hopefully that we will have an opportunity to get Antrel on the practice field this week.”
- DE Damontre Moore (shoulder): “He’s getting closer. According to the doctors, he’s not there yet, but he’s getting closer.”
Head Coach Tom Coughlin’s Monday Media Conference Call: The transcript of Head Coach Tom Coughlin’s media conference call on Monday is available at Giants.com.
Only Two Training Camp Practices Left: The Giants’ summer training camp has two remaining practices left, one on Tuesday (3:25-5:25PM) and the final one on Wednesday (1:30-3:45PM). If the weather cooperates, these are the last practices open to the general public.
Article on OT Justin Pugh: Justin Pugh Gets Taste of NFL by Michael Eisen of Giants.com