BBI Contribution Campaign Ends Saturday! The annual BBI contribution will end on September 14. Please help to keep this website in business. For details on the contribution campaign, click here. We need your support!
BBI on Giants.com Big Blue Kickoff Live on Thursday: Eric from BBI will be a guest on Giants.com‘s Big Blue Kickoff Live, the Giants’ live Monday-Friday live call-in show from 9:30-10:30 AM ET on Giants.com. Eric will be on Thursday at 9:40 AM. You can call with your questions at (201) 939-4513 or on twitter using #GiantsChat.
The show is live on Giants.com or the Giants Free Mobile App. Listen live here: www.giants.com/bigbluekickoff
Injury Report – David Baas Returns to Practice, but Da’Rel Scott Injures Knee: Not practicing on Wednesday were CB Prince Amukamara (concussion), LB Dan Connor (neck), OT David Diehl (thumb), and TE Adrien Robinson (foot).
“(Amukamara) does feel pretty good, but he’s got to follow the protocol,” said Head Coach Tom Coughlin.
OC David Baas (knee) and DE Damontre Moore (shoulder) were limited in practice. This was Baas’ first action since injuring his MCL in the second preseason game.
Baas was asked if he might play this weekend. “That’s my plan,” Baas said. “Today was a big step forward and we’re just going to keep monitoring it day by day. Last week, it didn’t work out, I prepared myself like I was going to play. This week, I’m going to do the exact same thing…I feel like we definitely made some progress today.”
RB Da’Rel Scott left practice early with a knee injury. According to press reports, the MRI showed no structural damage, but Scott will be monitored for swelling in the knee.
Player Media Q&As: Transcripts and video of Wednesday’s media Q&As with the following players are available at Giants.com:
- QB Eli Manning (Video)
- QB Curtis Painter (Video)
- RB David Wilson (Video)
- RB Brandon Jacobs (Video)
- WR Victor Cruz (Video)
- DE Jason Pierre-Paul (Video)
- DE Justin Tuck (Video)
- DE Damontre Moore (Video)
- S Antrel Rolle (Video)
- S Ryan Mundy (Video)
Article on Head Coach Tom Coughlin: Tom Coughlin Concludes Giants Team Meeting With a Remembrance of 9-11 by Conor Orr of The Star-Ledger
Articles on the Running Backs:
- Coughlin: Giants Need ‘Marked Man’ Wilson to Cure Fumble-itis by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- Victor Cruz Understands What David Wilson is Going Through by Art Stapleton of The Bergen Record
- Tiki Barber Knows How to fix David Wilson’s Fumble Problems by Bob Glauber of Newsday
- Jacobs ‘On Top of the World’ with Giants Return by Howie Kussoy of The New York Post
Articles on the Defensive Line:
- Giants’ JPP Says He Played ‘Terrible’ Opener by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- Damontre Moore Talks About His Shoulder, Getting Back on the Field by Conor Orr of The Star-Ledger
Article on Giants’ Senior Vice President of Medical Services: He Might Be Giants: Is Longtime Trainer Ronnie Barnes the Most Powerful Man in New York Football? by Greg Hanlon of The New York Observer
Notes: On Tuesday, the Giants worked out linebackers Aaron Maybin (ex-Bengals), Tavares Gooden (ex-49ers), and Emmanuel Acho (ex-Eagles). As previously reported, the Giants signed Acho to the Practice Squad.