December 23, 2013 Tom Coughlin Conference Call: The transcript of Head Coach Tom Coughlin’s Monday conference call is available at Giants.com.
December 23, 2013 Player Media Conference Calls: The transcripts of the Monday’s media conference calls with the following players are available at Giants.com:
OT Justin Pugh on ESPN Radio: The audio of Monday’s ESPN Radio interview with OT Justin Pugh is available at ESPN.com.
Articles on the New York Giants-Detroit Lions Game:
- Giants vs. Lions snap counts: Ryan Mundy, Will Hill, Antrel Rolle and Jon Beason complete the marathon by Conor Orr of The Star-Ledger
- Giants offense had a different look in first half against Lions by Jordan Raanan of The Star-Ledger
Article on the New York Giants Offensive Line: Giants’ Justin Pugh: O-line wanted to prove people wrong by Dave Hutchinson of The Star-Ledger
Articles on New York Giants Defensive Backs:
- Hill is vital, volatile part of Giants’ future by Dan Graziano of ESPN.com
- Will Hill calls huddle before key INT, developing into team leader for Giants? by Jordan Raanan of The Star-Ledger
- Amukamara tries out ‘shutdown CB’ role by Dan Graziano of ESPN.com
Notes: The Giants are 19-14-2 in regular-season overtime games since they were first played in 1974. They are 11-5-2 on the road and 8-9 at home.
The Giants have won their last five games in Detroit in 1988, 1996, 1997, 2007, and 2013.
The Giants finished 3-1 vs. the NFC North, defeating Minnesota, Green Bay, and Detroit and losing to Chicago.
QB Eli Manning’s interception was his 26th of the season, a new franchise record. He had shared the mark of 25 with Frank Filchock (1946) and Charlie Conerly (1953).
This is the 25th time Manning has led the Giants on a game-winning drive, which the Elias Sports Bureau defines as a victory in which a quarterback rallies his team from a fourth-quarter deficit or tie. Manning ranks fifth among active quarterbacks, behind Peyton Manning (50), Tom Brady (35), Drew Brees (31), and Ben Roethlisberger (29).