New York Giants Re-Sign Trumaine McBride, Peyton Hillis, and Dallas Reynolds: According to multiple press reports, the Giants have re-signed unrestricted free agents cornerback Trumaine McBride and running back Peyton Hillis.
McBride’s contract is reportedly a 2-year, $3.1 million deal; Hillis’ contract is reportedly a 2-year, $1.8 million deal.
According to Newsday, the New York Giants have re-signed exclusive rights free agent guard/center Dallas Reynolds. No contract terms were provided.
Because of these moves, we have updated the Transactions, New York Giants Free Agent Signings (with scouting reports), and New York Giants 2014 Free Agency Scorecard sections of the website.
March 11, 2014 New York Giants Free Agent News and Rumors: Here is the latest on the free agent front:
- The New York Daily News is reporting that unrestricted free agent safety Ryan Mundy (New York Giants) is unlikely to re-sign with the team.
- The Star-Ledger is reporting that the Giants are one of three teams with serious interest in unrestricted free agent offensive guard/tackle Geoff Schwartz (Kansas City Chiefs). The NFL Network is reporting that the Schwartz will sign with either the Giants or Rams.
- NJ.com is reporting that the Giants are unlikely to sign unrestricted free agent centers Evan Dietrich-Smith (Green Bay Packers) and Brian de la Puenta (New Orleans Saints). However, The New York Daily News and New York Post are reporting that the Giants are making a big push to sign Dietrich-Smith.
- CBS and NFLNetwork are reporting that unrestricted free agent defensive end Justin Tuck (New York Giants) is likely to re-sign with Giants.
- The Baltimore Sun is reporting that unrestricted free agent defensive end/tackle Arthur Jones, who the Giants had expressed interest in, will sign with the Indianapolis Colts.
- CSN Bay Area is reporting that the Giants have made a contract offer to unrestricted free agent running back Rashad Jennings (Oakland Raiders).
More Details on Re-Structured Contracts for Chris Snee and Steve Weatherford: According to NFL Player Association records, right guard Chris Snee’s 2014 base salary was reduced from $6.75 million to $2 million (not the $1.1 million reported in the media). Records also indicate that punter Steve Weatherford’s 2014 base salary was reduced from $2.025 million in 2014 to $900,000. Weatherford’s base salaries in 2013 ($2.175 million) and 2014 ($2.325 million) were not changed.
Article on the New York Giants 2014 Salary Cap: Updated: Giants salary cap situation heading into free agency by Jordan Raanan of NJ.com
Article on the New York Giants and 2014 NFL Free Agency: NFL free agency: How Giants look by Conor Orr of The Star-Ledger
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.