New York Giants Offseason Workout Program Begins Monday: The New York Giants offseason workout program begins Monday.
Per the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA), each club’s official, voluntary nine-week offseason program is conducted in three phases:
- Phase One (April 21 – May 4): Consists of the first two weeks of the program with activities limited to strength and conditioning and physical rehabilitation only.
- Phase Two (May 5 – May 26): Consists of the next three weeks of the program. On-field workouts may include individual player instruction and drills as well as team practice conducted on a “separates” basis. No live contact or team offense vs. team defense drills are permitted.
- Phase Three (see OTA dates below): Consists of the next four weeks of the program. Teams may conduct a total of 10 days of OTA workouts. No live contact is permitted, but 7-on-7, 9-on-7, and 11-on-11 drills are permitted.
Important dates of note:
- April 21: Start of the offseason program.
- May 28-30: Organized Team Activity (OTA) workouts.
- June 2-3: OTA workouts.
- June 5: OTA workout.
- June 9-10: OTA workouts.
- June 12-13: OTA workouts.
- June 17-19: Mandatory, full-team mini-camp.
The Giants will not hold a rookie mini-camp this year because the 2014 NFL Draft is three weeks later than usual. For more on the offseason program, see Giants offseason workouts begin Monday by Dan Salomone of Giants.com.
Sidney Rice Re-Signs With Seattle Seahawks: ProFootballTalk had reported earlier this week that the New York Giants were one of several teams to be interested in unrestricted free agent wide receiver Sidney Rice. The Seattle Seahawks released him in February 2014 in a salary cap-related move. However, Rice re-signed with the Seahawks on Wednesday.
Article on QB Ryan Nassib: With Josh Freeman on roster, should Giants look to deal Ryan Nassib? by Conor Orr of The Star-Ledger
Article on WR Mario Manningham: NFL Star Mario Manningham Talks Returning to the Beast Coast by TheSource.com
Article on CB Prince Amukamara: Big Blue Morning: Amukamara’s option by Dan Graziano of ESPN.com
Articles on the New York Giants and the 2014 NFL Draft: Giants pre-draft visits and workouts by Jordan Raanan and Conor Orr for NJ.com