New York Giants Complete Seventh OTA Practice: The New York Giants held their seventh of 10 Organized Team Activity (OTA) practices on Monday. No live contact is allowed in OTA practices, but 7-on-7, 9-on-7, and 11-on-11 drills are permitted.
The media was not allowed to view Monday’s practice, but the Giants released the following details through their website, Giants.com, from Dan Salomone:
- Working inside due to rain, the defense looked sharp. There were no interceptions, but there were tipped passes at the line and tight coverage.
- QB Ryan Nassib threw a touchdown pass to WR Julian Talley in the corner of the end zone from inside the 5-yard line. WR Rueben Randle made two tough catches, including a sideline grab from QB Eli Manning during the two-minute drill.
- RB Kendall Gaskins received a lot touches in practice. Running backs Rashad Jennings and Andre Williams saw a lot of action catching passes out of the backfield.
- WR Jerrel Jernigan saw reps as both a receiver and punt returner.
- PK Josh Brown manned a new special teams drill where he bounced a miniature soccer ball at the goal line. After it shot up in the air, another player would have to tip it back before it went into the end zone to mimic downing a punt.
- Former Giants S Deon Grant and RB Brandon Jacobs watched practice.
Dan Salomone of Giants.com also singled out the following:
- WR Rueben Randle: Randle made a pair of exceptional plays. The first was a laser of a pass from Eli Manning to Randle, who was surrounded by defensive backs and managed to control the ball. The second was a sideline catch as Randle fell out of bounds during the two-minute drill.
- WR Julian Talley: Talley made an impressive catch in the corner of the end zone from QB Ryan Nassib. Talley won the jump ball over defensive back Kyle Sebetic and appeared to get both feet inside the back left-hand corner of the end zone.
- Defense: The defense as a unit stood out. Whether it was DT Markus Kuhn sniffing out a shovel pass or CB Walter Thurmond III making plays in the secondary, the offense couldn’t get much going on Monday.
Photos from today’s OTA are also available from Giants.com.
The remaining New York Giants OTA practices are this week on June 10, 12, and 13. Thursday’s practice will be open to the media. The offseason program will culminate on June 17-19 with a mandatory, full-team mini-camp.
Giants.com Player Q&As: Video clips of Giants.com Q&A sessions with the following players are available at Giants.com:
Article on the 2014 New York Giants: Giants newcomers forge team ties by Paul Schwarz of The New York Post
Article on WR Marcus Harris: Giants roster battles: Marcus Harris in the wide receiver mix by Jordan Raanan of NJ.com
Article on TE Adrien Robinson: Breaking down Adrien Robinson’s chances by Dan Graziano of ESPN.com
Giants.com Videos from New York Giants OTA Practices: