[contentblock id=1 img=html.png]
BigBlueInteractive.com (BBI) Updates: In case you missed it, original-content articles from BBI today:
- July 21, 2014 New York Giants Training Camp Report
- ‘Forever a Giant’: Chris Snee Walks Away
- Chris Snee Announces Retirement from NFL
- Giants David Wilson Receives Medical Clearance
- Big Blue Breakdown: What is the Deal on Jerrel Jernigan?
LB Jon Beason Placed on PUP List: As expected, New York Giants linebacker Jon Beason was officially placed on the preseason Physically-Unable-to-Perform (PUP) List. Beason suffered a ligament tear and small fracture to the sesamoid bone in his right foot during an OTA practice on June 12. The injury did not require surgery.
The good news is that RB David Wilson (neck), WR Mario Manningham (knee), LT Will Beatty (knee), and OG John Jerry (knee) were not placed on the PUP. Wilson, as BBI reported earlier, has been cleared by doctors to resume football contact. Wilson underwent surgery on January 16 to fuse vertebrae to repair a herniated disc in his neck. He participated in non-contact drills this spring, but was not allowed to practice when contact was possible.
“I’m back to normal,” Wilson said. “I can play regular football with no special equipment, no medication, or anything else.”
Coughlin indicated that Manningham, Beatty, and Jerry will be limited in training camp practices.
Giants Sign OG John Sullen: The New York Giants have signed street free agent offensive guard John Sullen. BBI scouting report on John Sullen:
- Sullen was originally signed as an undrafted rookie free agent by the Cincinnati Bengals after the 2013 NFL Draft. He was waived by the Bengals in August and did not play last season. Sullen has very good size and strength, but lacks ideal overall athleticism.
WR Kris Adams Waived: The Giants waived WR Kris Adams after he failed his physical. Adams was placed on Injured Reserve in August 2013 with a broken left ankle he suffered in a preseason game.
July 21, 2014 New York Giants Player Media Q&As: Video clips of Monday’s media Q&A sessions with the following players are available at Giants.com:
New York Giants Training Camp Preview Articles:
- Giants training camp opens: Keys to the 2014 season by Conor Orr of The Star-Ledger
- NY Giants ready for fresh start in 2014 with new faces by Ebenezer Samuel of The New York Daily News
- NY Giants hopeful to recover from injury-plagued 2013 season by Ralph Vacchiano of The New York Daily News
Article on Head Coach Tom Coughlin: The familiar, and biggest, reason to be optimistic about the Giants by Mike Vaccaro of The New York Post
Article on QB Eli Manning: ‘Nervous’ Eli Manning: ‘We’ve got a lot of work to do’ by Brian Lewis of The New York Post
Article on the New York Giants Tight Ends: Are the Giants entering training camp with no ‘end’ in sight? by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
Article on DT Johnathan Hankins: Giants’ Johnathan Hankins turns to boxing for help on line by Tom Rock of Newsday
Article on OG Chris Snee: Chris Snee retires: Does he go down as best offensive lineman in Giants history? by Conor Orr of The Star-Ledger
Ready for #GiantsCamp? Watch this 90th season trailer video…it will PUMP YOU UP! WATCH: http://t.co/tEN5wjoAoG pic.twitter.com/ySU0sMFqr6
— New York Giants (@Giants) July 21, 2014
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.