[contentblock id=1 img=html.png]
New York Giants Name 2014 Team Captains: On Thursday, New York Giants players elected five of their teammates to be team captains for the 2014 NFL season. The five players are QB Eli Manning, WR Victor Cruz, LB Jon Beason, S Antrel Rolle, and long snapper Zak DeOssie.
It is Manning’s eight consecutive year as a captain, DeOssie’s fourth, and Rolle’s second. Cruz and Beason are first-time captains. They take the place of 2013 captains OG Chris Snee and DE Justin Tuck.
“I’m hoping we have 53 that take full responsibility and accountability for our team, pride in our team,” said Head Coach Tom Coughlin. “But I think the players have spoken in terms of who they have chosen to be in the leadership position as captains. We’ve spent a lot of time talking about leadership. The unselfish commitment to team, and ‘team first’ must come from your captains, and your captains must be young men who put the team above themselves. They must be young men who lead not only by what they say, but by their example – more significantly by their example. And they also, because of the nature of our business, they reflect what they do say by what they do on the field.
“The attempt to put all personalities in, to create ‘team,’ is a constant job that we all take on. We’ve been working at this since the first gathering point in the spring. But it certainly does help, because the number one thing is trust. The players do feel they can go to these five men and trust what they say and whatever they say and however they choose to lead will be in the best interest of the entire team.”
September 5, 2014 New York Giants Injury Report: Not practicing on Friday were WR Odell Beckham (hamstring), OT James Brewer (back), and DT Markus Kuhn (ankle).
Jon Beason (foot), OG Brandon Mosley (back), and OT Charles Brown (shoulder) practiced on a limited basis.
September 5, 2014 New York Giants Coach Media Sessions: Transcripts and video clips of Friday’s media sessions with the following coaches are available at Giants.com:
- Head Coach Tom Coughlin (Video)
- Offensive Coordinator Ben McAdoo (Video)
- Defensive Coordinator Perry Fewell (Video)
- Special Teams Coordinator Tom Quinn (Video)
September 5, 2014 Tom Coughlin Press Conference: The transcript and video from Friday’s press conference with Head Coach Tom Coughlin are available at Giants.com.
September 5, 2014 New York Giants Player Media Q&As: Transcripts and video of Friday’s media Q&A sessions with the following players are available at Giants.com:
- RB Rashad Jennings (Video)
- WR Victor Cruz (Video)
- DE Jason Pierre-Paul (Video)
- LB Jon Beason (Video)
LB Jon Beason on ESPN Radio: The audio of Friday’s ESPN Radio interview with LB Jon Beason is available at ESPN.com.
Articles on the New York Giants Offense:
- Ben McAdoo confident in new offense for opener by Michael Eisen of Giants.com
- Mathias Kiwanuka: Give new offense a chance by Bob Glauber of Newsday
- Victor Cruz on fans’ concern for Giants offense: ‘Just relax’ by Mark Cannizzaro of The New York Post
- New captain Victor Cruz can’t wait to silence Giants critics by Jordan Raanan of NJ.com
Articles on QB Eli Manning:
- Eli Manning faces the biggest challenge of his career in 2014 by Steve Politi of The Star-Ledger
- Giants’ Eli Manning sharpens his focus by Jeff Roberts of The Bergen Record
- NY Giants quarterback Eli Manning feels urgency of new season by Ralph Vacchiano of The New York Daily News
Article on WR Odell Beckham: Odell Beckham Jr.: Here is what the Giants rookie is doing these days at practice by Jordan Raanan of NJ.com
Articles on the New York Giants Offensive Line:
- Shaun O’Hara: Giants offensive line will struggle early in season by Jordan Raanan of NJ.com
- Giants center-turned-guard has sick task of facing Fairley, Suh by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- John Jerry likely to get a taste of Ndamukong Suh’s ‘nastiness’ by Jordan Raanan of NJ.com
- Geoff Schwartz injury: Giants lineman expects to practice at 6-week mark by Jordan Raanan of NJ.com