[contentblock id=1 img=html.png]
NEW YORK GIANTS INJURY REPORT…
WR Victor Cruz (calf), TE Larry Donnell (neck), LB J.T. Thomas (ankle), LB Uani ‘Unga (neck), and CB Prince Amukamara (pectoral) have been ruled out of Sunday’s game against the New England Patriots.
“(Amukamara) keeps improving and getting better,” said Head Coach Tom Coughlin. “The medical people have got a strong hold on his position…Prince exceeded the time span by starting earlier. But we started him earlier so he would have his legs and things of that nature in position when he did get the green light. So that’s the way it is with him.”
NJ.com is reporting that Cruz had a second platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injection in his left calf about three weeks ago. “It helped (the second time),” said Cruz. “Even after a couple days I could start to feel it. It really helps in advancing the healing process in whatever area you need it in. It helped me a lot.”
NJ.com says that Cruz is expected to run routes versus air on Saturday to test his cutting and ability to plant his foot. Cruz hasn’t fully practiced since injuring his calf muscle in mid-August. The belief is that the left calf muscle injury was caused by overcompensation for the right patellar tendon injury Cruz was recovering from. “I think I’ll play it a little bit safer,” Cruz said. “If there is any pain, I’ll shut it down. You don’t want to wake up anything. If there is any soreness, we shut it down. We kind of make sure we’re staying under the radar as the training staff likes to call it.”
CB Leon McFadden (groin) is “questionable” for the game; LG Justin Pugh (illness) and RG Geoff Schwartz (ankle) are “probable” for the game.
Surgery was a success, wish I could be out there with my teammates. Appreciate all the love and support. #GMEN pic.twitter.com/Fnzy8XVY6Y
— Johnathan Hankins (@BigTimeHank) November 13, 2015
HEAD COACH TOM COUGHLIN…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with Tom Coughlin are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
THE PLAYERS SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following players are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
- LG Justin Pugh (Video)
- LB Jonathan Casillas (Video)
- How JPP and Patriots test can launch Giants: Phil Simms by Justin Terranova of The New York Post
- Ex-Patriots LB Jonathan Casillas, now with the Giants, believes Bill Belichick has revenge on the mind by Justin Tasch of The New York Daily News
- Ex-Patriots assess their former team by Michael Eisen of Giants.com
- Odell Beckham should be careful about sly Belichick’s praise by George Willis of The New York Post
- Giants’ challenge vs. Patriots: Increasing Odell Beckham Jr.’s completion percentage by Tom Rock of Newsday
- Giants’ injury-prone defense blitzing less under Steve Spagnuolo by Tom Rock of Newsday
- Shaun O’Hara and Kevin Gilbride dissect the “Helmet Catch” by Dan Salomone of Giants.com
WHAT’S UP NEXT…
The Giants will have a 45-minute, up-tempo “walk-thru” practice on Saturday that is not open to the media. The Giants play the New England Patriots at home on Sunday.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.