[contentblock id=1 img=html.png]
NEW YORK GIANTS INJURY REPORT…
TE Larry Donnell (neck), LB Devon Kennard (hamstring/foot), and S Brandon Meriweather (knee) have been officially ruled out of Sunday’s game against the New York Jets.
OC Weston Richburg (ankle) and RT Marshall Newhouse (back) are “questionable” for the game.
“(Richburg has) gotten a little bit more work each day and he’s pretty positive,” said Head Coach Tom Coughlin. “We’ll see tomorrow morning.”
“Hopefully I’ll be able to go,” Richburg said. “I’m looking forward to being out there again. I think (coach Tom Coughlin) wants us all out there. Tomorrow will be a big day.”
“(Newhouse is) feeling better,” said Coughlin. “I think we need to see him do some football-related things, which the way we’re working now, we’d get a chance tomorrow morning to do that.”
“It’s up to me,” Newhouse said. “If I feel like I can go and contribute, than I’m going to play. I feel okay; I’ve made incremental steps. That’s a positive, and we’ll go from there…I am optimistic.”
FB Nikita Whitlock (not injury related), LG Justin Pugh (concussion), DE Jason Pierre-Paul (hand), and DE Robert Ayers (toe) are “probable” for the game.
REPORT – JERRY REESE SAFE, TOM COUGHLIN NOT…
According to The New York Post, “a well-placed source familiar with the club’s thinking” has said that while New York Giants General Manager Jerry Reese is safe from being fired after this season, Head Coach Coughlin is not if the team does not make the playoffs. That said, no decision has been made on Coughlin yet according to the article. The 5-6 Giants are currently tied with the Washington Redskins for first place in the NFC East.
PAT FLAHERTY INTERESTED IN RUTGERS JOB…
According to NJ.com, New York Giants Offensive Line Coach Pat Flaherty is interested in the head coaching vacancy at the University of Rutgers. Flaherty has been the team’s offensive line coach since Tom Coughlin became head coach in 2004.
HEAD COACH TOM COUGHLIN…
Transcripts and video clips of media sessions with Tom Coughlin are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
ODELL BECKHAM ON ESPN RADIO…
The audio of Thursday’s ESPN Radio interview with WR Odell Beckham is available at ESPN.com.
- Giants rallying to save Coughlin — a meltdown would be his last by Steve Serby of The New York Post
- Tom Coughlin is coaching for his job again when the Giants play the Jets by Steve Politi for NJ.com
- It’s Eli Manning or bust for this Giants season by Jordan Raanan for NJ.com
- Giant priority: Get the ground game into gear by Chris Iseman of The Bergen Record
- Odell Beckham Jr. out to grab more than attention when Giants face Jets by Kevin Armstrong of The New York Daily News
- Ereck Flowers on the Jets game, his job if he wasn’t in the NFL | Giants 4 Downs by James Kratch for NJ.com
- Fan taunts made Justin Pugh’s concussion horror even worse by Zach Braziller of The New York Post
- Giants’ cornerback duo displaying Revis-like confidence by Zach Braziller of The New York Post
WHAT’S UP NEXT…
The Giants will have a 45-minute, up-tempo “walk-thru” practice on Saturday that is not open to the media. The Giants play the New York Jets on Sunday.