[contentblock id=1 img=html.png]
NEW YORK GIANTS RE-SIGN DE JASON PIERRE-PAUL…
The NFL Network is reporting that the New York Giants have re-signed unrestricted free agent defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul to a 1-year contract. The NFL Network says Pierre-Paul turned down more money from other teams to remain with the Giants. ESPN.com reports that the contract could be worth “up to” $10.5 million and that the Arizona Cardinals made a strong effort to sign Pierre-Paul. The New York Daily News speculates that the contract will be laden with incentives such as sacks and playing time.
Pierre-Paul suffered serious and permanent injuries to his right hand from a July 4th fireworks accident, including the amputation of his index finger and severe damage to his thumb and middle finger. He returned to the playing field halfway through the 2015 season, wearing a large club that made it impossible for him to grab and tackle with his right hand. Pierre-Paul started the eight games he played in and finished the season with 26 tackles, 1 sack, and 6 pass defenses.
Pierre-Paul had additional offseason surgery in an effort to improve the grip on his damaged hand and hopefully allow him to play without a club.
MARCH 8, 2016 NEW YORK GIANTS FREE AGENT RUMORS…
While players can not officially sign until March 9th, Monday unofficially marked the beginning of free agency as teams can now negotiate with free agents of other teams. Here is the latest:
- FOXSports.com is reporting that the New York Jets have expressed interest in New York Giants unrestricted free agent cornerback Prince Amukamara.
- ESPN is reporting that free agent defensive end Charles Johnson, who met with the New York Giants on Sunday and Monday, left without a contract and met with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Monday.
- NJ.com is reporting that despite reports of mutual interest and a possible visit, free agent defensive end Mario Williams is “not in play for the Giants at this time.” According to multiple reports, Williams is close to signing with the Miami Dolphins.
- ESPN is reporting that the New York Giants are “weighing the idea” of making a contract offer to transition-tagged free agent Olivier Vernon (Miami Dolphins).
- ESPN is reporting that the New York Giants have expressed interest in the following unrestricted free agents: defensive end Williams Hayes (Los Angeles Rams), defensive end Derrick Shelby (Miami Dolphins), defensive end Adrian Clayborn (Atlanta Falcons), cornerback Patrick Robinson (San Diego Chargers), and safety Rodney McCloud (Los Angeles Rams).
The #Giants are nowhere near done on the defensive line. Expect several more big moves.
— Jordan Raanan (@JordanRaanan) March 8, 2016
I would like to thank each and every organization that reached out to my agent during this process especially the Arizona Cardinals . It was hard to decide, but me and my family decided that it's best for me to stay in New York, just being in the NFL is a privilege and I am honored. I am truly blessed to be in this position I am in today, thank you! Now with that said I have some unfinished business to take care of in New York!!! Giants FANS! Let's get to work for the 2016 season because your boy is back and I am not going anywhere! #90PowerCircle #90IsBack
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.