RUSSELL OKUNG AND DONALD PENN SIGN ELSEWHERE…
The New York Giants are interested in improving their offensive line, but two players who they have expressed interest in have signed with other teams.
Unrestricted free agent offensive tackle Russell Okung (Seattle Seahawks) has signed a 5-year deal with the Denver Broncos. The contract reportedly averages $10.6 million per season. The 28-year old Okung, who is representing himself in contract negotiations, met with the Giants last Friday.
Unrestricted free agent offensive tackle Donald Penn (Oakland Raiders) has re-signed with the Raiders. The contract was reportedly a 2-year, $14 million deal. The 32-year old Penn was scheduled to visit the Giants this week, but it appears he was using the Giants as leverage in his contract negotiations with the Raiders.
- Giants top remaining needs after initial free agent splurge by Jordan Raanan for NJ.com
- They overspent, but Giants got their top free-agent targets by Dan Graziano of ESPN.com
- Giants don’t have much at WR after Odell Beckham, here’s how Big Blue can solve the problem by Ebenezer Samuel of The New York Daily News
- Ex-Seahawks OT Russell Okung a likely underdog to land with Giants by Jordan Raanan for NJ.com
- Three veteran safeties the Giants could consider during free agency to help shore up secondary by Ebenezer Samuel of The New York Daily News
- Jerry Reese gives Georgia LB pre-draft Beckham treatment by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post