NEW YORK GIANTS OFFSEASON PROGRAM BEGINS…
The New York Giants offseason program began on Monday, kicking off the 9-week “voluntary” program that by NFL rules is broken into three phases:
- Phase One (Two Weeks): Consists of activities limited to strength and conditioning and physical rehabilitation only.
- Phase Two (Three Weeks): Consists of on-field workouts that may include individual player instruction and drills as well as team practice conducted on a “separates” basis. No live contact or team offense vs. team defense drills are permitted.
- Phase Three (Four Weeks): Teams may conduct a total of 10 days of organized team practice activity, or “OTAs”. No live contact is permitted, but 7-on-7, 9-on-7 and 11-on-11 drills are permitted.
The Giants will hold a “voluntary” mini-camp on April 26-28. The team’s OTAs will be held on May 23-24, May 26, June 1-3, June 6-7, and June 9-10. A mandatory mini-camp will be held on June 14-16.
NEW YORK GIANTS PLAYER MEDIA SESSIONS…
Transcripts and video clips of Monday’s media conference calls with the following New York Giants players are available in The Corner Forum section of the website and at Giants.com:
- QB Eli Manning
- RB Bobby Rainey (Video)
- OG Justin Pugh (separate NFL.com video interview)
- DT Johnathan Hankins
- LB Kelvin Sheppard (Video)
Linebacker Kelvin Sheppard on coming to the Giants: “This is my sixth year in the league now, so I know the different vibes you get when you go in a facility. When I came in this one, the aura, a lot of the players weren’t here, but the aura. Then with OV signing – my boy, Olivier (Vernon) – it was a no-brainer. He’s one of the closer people I was with down with the Dolphins; sitting next to me in all the meetings and everything. When he heard I was coming up (for a visit), he was like, ‘Man, you better sign. I need you up here, it’ll be good for the team and us.’…(Dwayne Harris is) my cousin on my father’s side. He lived probably about 15-20 minutes from me (when they were growing up). He went to East Carolina, I went to LSU. We went to separate high schools but we were close.”
- What’s changed for the Giants as they begin their offseason program? by Jordan Raanan for NJ.com