[contentblock id=1 img=html.png]
NEW YORK GIANTS MINI-CAMP ENDS…
The New York Giants held their third and final practice of their 3-day, voluntary mini-camp on Thursday at Quest Diagnostics Training Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey. However, there was no media access to the practice, Head Coach Ben McAdoo, or the players.
INJURY UPDATE ON WR BEN EDWARDS…
The Bergen Record reports that the injury suffered by wide receiver Ben Edwards during mini-camp drills on Wednesday is not believed to be serious. The paper says Edwards’ injury has been diagnosed as a mild left knee sprain. He is expected to resume offseason workouts.
Edwards was eligible to play in the NFL in 2014, but sat out the year recovering from an anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) knee injury. The Giants originally signed Edwards after the 2015 NFL Draft, but waived/injured him in July after he pulled his hamstring during the June mini-camp. The Giants re-signed him to the Practice Squad in November 2015 and then signed Edwards to the 53-man roster in December 2015. He played in the final two games and finished the season with one catch for nine yards.
Edwards lacks ideal size and timed speed, but he is a quick receiver who plays faster than he times. Edwards runs very good routes, adjusts well to the football, and has good hands. He has experience playing in the slot and returning punts.
- Giants can use draft to finish what $200M started by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- Giants draft agenda all about Eli Manning’s closing window by Steve Serby of The New York Post
- Leonard Floyd? Jack Conklin? The latest on the Giants’ first-round draft plans by Dan Graziano of ESPN.com
- Giants could opt for linebacker in first round by Art Stapleton of The Bergen Record
- NFL Draft 2016: LB Myles Jack off Giants board for No. 10 pick: Sources by Jordan Raanan for NJ.com
- Giants likely to address need at linebacker by drafting Leonard Floyd by Ralph Vacchiano of The New York Daily News
- Giants NFL draft plans: Three players to watch by Ralph Vacchiano of The New York Daily News
- Ezekiel Elliott would like to play with Eli Manning, Odell Beckham Jr. by Matt Lombardo for NJ.com
- Florida CB Vernon Hargreaves would welcome Giants’ call by Tom Rock and Bob Glauber of Newsday
- Giants’ best draft pick became best defensive player of all time by Dan Graziano of ESPN.com
- Giants’ youngsters think they can be the answers on defense by Dan Graziano of ESPN.com
- Giants’ Landon Collins has no regrets about attending NFL draft by Ebenezer Samuel of The New York Daily News
- Nat Berhe returns to Giants after lost season by Tom Rock of Newsday