GIANTS SIGN MATT SMALLEY, WAIVE UANI ‘UNGA…
The New York Giants have signed cornerback Matt Smalley (Lafayette), one of the unsigned tryout players who participated in las week’s rookie mini-camp. To make room for Smalley on the 90-man roster, the Giants waived/injured linebacker Uani ‘Unga.
The 5’9”, 184-pound Smalley lacks ideal size but he has good quickness and speed. Smalley has experience returning punts and kickoffs.
The Giants originally signed the undrafted ‘Unga to the team’s Practice Squad in December 2014. ‘Unga played far more than expected in 2015 due to injuries to other players. He played in 13 games with three starts, and finished the season with 59 tackles, 4 pass defenses, 2 interceptions, and 2 forced fumbles.
ELI MANNING ON ESPN RADIO…
The audio of ESPN Radio’s interview with quarterback Eli Manning on Tuesday is available at ESPN.com.
- Despite being on a ‘pitch count,’ Giants’ Victor Cruz says he should be ready to go Week 1 by Seth Walder of The New York Daily News
- Giants’ Victor Cruz: Receiving corps ‘can be great’ with Sterling Shepard by Jordan Raanan for NJ.com
- Eli Manning’s encouraging first look at WR Sterling Shepard by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- Anthony Dablé learning the language of Giants’ offense by James Kratch for NJ.com
- Darius Powe hopes to be the next undrafted receiver to break out in the NFL by Thomas George of SBNation.com
- Time will tell on Giants’ defensive improvements by Dan Graziano of ESPN.com
- Lawrence Taylor: I might have been too physical for current NFL by Neil Best of Newsday