[contentblock id=1 img=html.png]
JULY 31, 2016 NEW YORK GIANTS TRAINING CAMP REPORT…
The New York Giants held their third summer training camp practice on Sunday at Quest Diagnostics Training Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey. The practice was closed to the public due to rain.
New York Giants defensive tackle Damon Harrison (knee swelling), defensive tackle Jay Bromley (ankle), and linebacker J.T. Thomas (hamstring) remain on the Physically-Unable-to-Perform (PUP) List.
Wide receiver Odell Beckham, Jr. injured his left leg after getting tangled up with cornerback Janoris Jenkins on a deep pass. Beckham left practice early because of the injury.
“He got cleated and he has a cut or two,” said Head Coach Ben McAdoo. “They’re in there taking a look at it now, so he’s probably going to be sore for a couple of days.”
Wide receiver Victor Cruz (knee/calf) was limited for the first time in camp.
“We dialed back his load today,” said McAdoo. “He did work, he finished practice and he got the number of reps we were looking for him to get today… That’s part of the structure… He’ll have different loads each and every day depending on the day and the workload the day before and the work load the next day.”
Some snippets from various media sources:
- Quarterback Eli Manning hit wide receiver Odell Beckham deep for a touchdown against safety Darian Thompson. Manning then found Beckham deep again, this time against cornerback Janoris Jenkins. (VIDEO)
- Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and Trevin Wade ontinue to see time at slot cornerback.
- Landon Collins and Darian Thompson remain the first-team safeties. Nat Behre and Mykkele Thompson are the second-team safeties.
- Keenan Robinson saw some first-team reps at middle linebacker after Jasper Brinkley.
- The Giants first-team no-huddle offense included Odell Beckham, Geremy Davis, and Sterling Sheppard (slot) at wide receiver; Will Tye at tight end; and Shane Vereen at running back.
- The second-team offensive line featured Byron Stingily at left tackle, Ryan Seymour at left guard, Shane McDermott at center, Emmett Cleary at right guard, and Bobby Hart at right tackle.
- Wide receiver Roger Lewis dropped a slant but then caught a fade pass from quarterback Eli Manning for a touchdown over cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.
- Running back Paul Perkins broke off a long run. Then running back Bobby Rainey broke off a long touchdown run.
- Quarterback Eli Manning hit wide receiver Myles White deep down field against cornerback Janoris Jenkins. (VIDEO)
- Cornerback Leon McFadden picked off a pass from quarterback Ryan Nassib. (VIDEO)
— New York Giants (@Giants) July 31, 2016
THE PLAYERS SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following players are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
- Welcome to the McAdoo Era by Jenny Vrentas of SI.com
- How Sterling Shepard wowed Odell Beckham at Giants camp by Steve Serby of The New York Post
- New Jersey’s Ryan Malleck catching on with Giants at tight end by Pat Leonard of The New York Daily News
- Giants rookie Darian Thompson seizing starting free safety job by Dan Duggan for NJ.com
- Giants’ under-the-radar safety option has much to prove after lost rookie year by James Kratch for NJ.com
- Giants working on fake field goals in training camp by Tom Rock of Newsday
WHAT’S UP NEXT…
The players are off on Monday. The fourth training camp practice will be held on Tuesday from 10:40 AM – 12:15 PM. Only eight remaining training camp practices at Quest Diagnostics Training Center will be open to the public (weather permitting) this year:
- Tuesday, August 2: 10:40 AM – 12:15 PM
- Thursday, August 4: 10:40 AM – 12:45 PM
- Friday, August 5: 10:40 AM – 11:40 AM
- Saturday, August 6: 10:40 AM – 1:00 PM
- Monday, August 8: 11:10 AM – 12:40 PM
- Tuesday, August 9: 10:40 AM – 12:55 PM
- Wednesday, August 10: 10:40 AM – 12:20 PM
- Sunday, August 14: 11:10 AM – 12:50 PM