[contentblock id=1 img=html.png]
AUGUST 4, 2016 NEW YORK GIANTS TRAINING CAMP REPORT…
The New York Giants held their sixth summer training camp practice on Thursday at Quest Diagnostics Training Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey.
New York Giants defensive tackle Jay Bromley (ankle) and linebacker J.T. Thomas (hamstring) remain on the Physically-Unable-to-Perform (PUP) List.
Wide receiver Odell Beckham, Jr. (left leg) and tight end Matt LaCosse (knee) did not practice.
Cornerback Leon Hall, who just signed today, did not practice.
Some snippets from various media sources:
- Wide receiver Sterling Shepard made a terrific catch downfield against cornerback Leon McFadden despite pass interference. (VIDEO) Shepard then beat cornerback Matt Smalley deep. (VIDEO)
- Linebacker Keenan Robinson blew up an attempted block by tight end Ryan Malleck, knocking him backwards.
- Wide receiver Kadron Boone made an impressive one-handed catch but was out-of-bounds.
- Wide receiver Tavarres King had an excellent practice. He made a diving, one-handed reception despite tight coverage from cornerback Eli Apple. King was targeted repeatedly throughout the 11-on-11 portion of practice.
- Wide receiver Geremy Davis made a leaping grab down the right sideline against cornerback Eli Apple. (VIDEO) Davis followed that up with a nice catch of a low pass on a comeback route.
- Cornerback Donte Deayon broke up a deep seam pass intended for wide receiver Victor Cruz.
- Cornerback Janoris Jenkins broke up a flat pass intended for wide receiver Geremy Davis.
- Wide receiver Victor Cruz had a few receptions on Thursday, but also had a couple of drops. He lined up both outside and in the slot.
- Wide receiver Darius Powe made a finger tip grab against cornerback Leon McFadden.
- Cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie had excellent deep coverage on wide receiver Sterling Shepard.
- Quarterback Ryan Nassib hit wide receiver Roger Lewis for a long touchdown against cornerback Michael Hunter.
- Defensive end Olivier Vernon flashed in run defense.
- Running back Paul Perkins burst through the middle of the line for a huge gain. He had a couple of big runs.
— New York Giants (@Giants) August 4, 2016
THE PLAYERS SPEAK…
Transcripts and audio and video clips of the media sessions with the following players are available in The Corner Forum, Giants.com, and ESPN.com:
- LB Jonathan Casillas (Video)
- CB Leon Hall (Video)
- RB Rashad Jennings (Audio)
- DE Olivier Vernon (Audio)
- DT Damon Harrison (Audio)
- Giants’ offense gets going in short yardage drills by Tom Rock of Newsday
- Giants defense will take time to come together, but how much? by Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com
- Leon Hall’s gut feeling brings him to Giants secondary by Tom Rock of Newsday
- Leon Hall has the football IQ to play in the slot for Giants by Tom Rock of Newsday
WHAT’S UP NEXT…
The seventh training camp practice will be held on Friday from 11:40AM – 12:40PM. Only six remaining training camp practices at Quest Diagnostics Training Center will be open to the public (weather permitting) this year:
- Friday, August 5: 11:40 AM – 12:40 AM
- Saturday, August 6: 10:40 AM – 1:00 PM
- Monday, August 8: 11:10 AM – 12:40 PM
- Tuesday, August 9: 10:40 AM – 12:55 PM
- Wednesday, August 10: 10:40 AM – 12:20 PM
- Sunday, August 14: 11:10 AM – 12:50 PM