AUGUST 10, 2016 NEW YORK GIANTS TRAINING CAMP REPORT…
The New York Giants held their eleventh summer training camp practice on Wednesday at Quest Diagnostics Training Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey.
New York Giants defensive tackle Jay Bromley (ankle) and linebacker J.T. Thomas (hamstring) remain on the Physically-Unable-to-Perform (PUP) List.
Wide receiver Victor Cruz (groin), defensive end Kerry Wynn (groin), and linebacker Keenan Robinson (groin) did not practice. “I’m doing good,” Cruz said. “Better.”
Some snippets from various media sources:
- For the second day in a row, the first-team wide receivers were Odell Beckham, Geremy Davis, and Sterling Shepard (slot).
- The defense used a three-safety package in 7-on-7 drills with the first-team including Darian Thompson and Nat Berhe deep with Landon Collins in the box. Another package had Leon Hall and Berhe deep with Collins and Thompson closer to the line.
- The dime defense had a look with Jason Pierre-Paul and Devon Kennard at defensive end and Olivier Vernon and Owamagbe Odighizuwa at defensive tackle.
- Kelvin Sheppard and Jasper Brinkley continue to see reps at middle linebacker with the first-team. B.J. Goodson received second-team reps at middle linebacker.
- In 11-on-11 drills, cornerback Janoris Jenkins broke up a slant pass intended for wide receiver Geremy Davis. Jenkins later almost picked off another pass intended for wide receiver Dwayne Harris and broke up another pass intended for Davis in the end zone. Jenkins had a good practice.
- Defensive end Stansly Maponga flashed at right defensive end.
- Quarterback Eli Manning hit wide receiver Odell Beckham for a touchdown against cornerback Eli Apple. Manning and Beckham later hooked up for another touchdown.
- Defensive tackle Greg Milhouse flashed by collapsing the pocket.
- Quarterback Ryan Nassib hit tight end Will Johnson for a touchdown.
- Wide receiver Anthony Dable caught a touchdown against cornerback Matt Smalley.
- Cornerback Donte Deayon flashed in coverage.
- Quarterback Logan Thomas was not sharp.
- Place kicker Josh Brown nailed a 63-yard field goal in practice.
— New York Giants (@Giants) August 10, 2016
JERRY REESE ON ESPN RADIO…
The audio of ESPN Radio’s interview with General Manager Jerry Reese on Wednesday is available at ESPN.com.
THE COACHES SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following coaches are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
THE PLAYERS SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following players are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
- QB Ryan Nassib embraces preseason opportunities by Michael Eisen of Giants.com
- Victor Cruz’s absence opens door for Giants’ young receivers by Art Stapleton of The Bergen Record
- Odell Beckham Jr. sees rookie Sterling Shepard as a ‘big-time’ player by Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com
- Matt LaCosse went from sales job interviews to possible starting Giants TE by Dan Duggan for NJ.com
- Same five guys on Giants offensive line picking up the tempo by Tom Rock of Newsday
- The good and bad from Ereck Flowers at Giants training camp practices by Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com
- Why Damon Harrison won’t make Giants-Jets comparisons by George Willis of The New York Post
- Giants roster sleeper Brad Bars ‘fighting every day’ at new position by James Kratch for NJ.com
- Giants linebacker’s obstacles: 3 years away and a new position by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- After 2 lost years, Ishaq Williams ready for Giants’ preseason opener by James Kratch for NJ.com
WHAT’S UP NEXT…
There is no practice on Thursday. The Giants play the Dolphins in the preseason opener on Friday. The twelfth training camp practice will be held on Sunday from 11:10AM – 12:50PM. Weather permitting, this will be the last training camp practice open to the public this year.