[contentblock id=1 img=html.png]
AUGUST 14, 2016 NEW YORK GIANTS TRAINING CAMP REPORT…
The New York Giants held their twelfth summer training camp practice on Sunday at Quest Diagnostics Training Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey.
INJURY REPORT – JAY BROMLEY RETURNS, VICTOR CRUZ AILING…
New York Giants linebacker J.T. Thomas (hamstring) remains on the Physically-Unable-to-Perform (PUP) List.
Defensive tackle Jay Bromley (ankle) was activated off of the PUP and practiced for the first time on Sunday.
“I feel good, I feel good,” said Bromley. “It feels good to be back on the field finally. It’s been way too long…In OTA’s my ankle started bothering me, so I had some pain and we had it checked out. There were bone spurs and it was really nagging, so we decided to get those handled (with surgery).”
Wide receiver Geremy Davis (hamstring), tight end Will Johnson (burner), defensive end Kerry Wynn (groin), and cornerback Eli Apple (knee) did not practice.
“It’s a muscle,” Head Coach Ben McAdoo said of Apple’s knee. “He has a slight muscle strain.”
“It is going to be fine and it is a matter of just taking it day by day,” said Apple.
Wide receiver Victor Cruz (groin) was limited.
“His groin is still bothering him a little bit,’ said McAdoo of Cruz. “Take a look at him tomorrow. He’ll get treatment tonight, and then we’ll take a look at him tomorrow and see how he’s feeling…if he’s not feeling up to par and can’t push through, then he cannot practice…You never know when someone is going to turn the corner.”
Wide receiver Sterling Shepard (groin) and linebacker Keenan Robinson (groin) practiced.
Some snippets from various media sources:
- In 1-on-1 drills, wide receiver Roger Lewis beat cornerback Trevin Wade for a touchdown on a corner post route. Wide receiver Tavarres King beat Leon Hall for a touchdown on a slant.
- Also in 1-on-1 drills, wide receiver Sterling Shepard beat cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie on a crossing route. Wide receiver Darius Powe caught a sideline touchdown against cornerback Donte Deayon.
- In 1-on-1 drills, wide receiver Odell Beckham easily beat cornerback Janoris Jenkins and was off to the races.
- In 7-on-7 drills, the three starting receivers were Odell Beckham, Sterling Shepard, and Victor Cruz (slot).
- Safety Cooper Taylor broke up a pass intended for wide receiver Sterling Shepard.
- In 11-on-11 drills, quarterback Eli Manning rolled out and hit wide receiver Odell Beckham for a diving touchdown catch against safety Nat Berhe.
- Cornerback Donte Deayon received some snaps with first-team dime defense. He lined up outside with corner Janoris Jenkins. Cornerbacks Leon Hall and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie played inside.
- The second-team offensive line was left tackle Byron Stingily, left guard Ryan Seymour, center Dillon Farrell, right guard Emmett Cleary, and right tackle Bobby Hart. Adam Gettis was demoted to the third team.
- Wide receiver Roger Lewis beat cornerback Michael Hunter for a touchdown.
- On a free play because the defense jumped offsides, wide receiver Sterling Shepard beat cornerback Janoris Jenkins up left sideline. But a bad pass from quarterback Eli Manning floated and was easily intercepted by Jenkins.
- Running back Paul Perkins received some reps with the second-team offense.
- In 11-on-11 drills, wide receiver Victor Cruz was blanketed by slot corner Leon Hall. Cruz only saw a few snaps in team drills and was shut out.
- Quarterback Eli Manning found tight end Larry Donnell for a touchdown against safety Landon Collins.
- Running backs Paul Perkins and Rashad Jennings broke big runs up the middle.
- Quarterback Eli Manning hit wide receiver Odell Beckham for a touchdown in the back corner of the end zone against cornerback Janoris Jenkins.
- Ryan Malleck received some first-team snaps at H-Back.
- Kelvin Sheppard and Jasper Brinkley continued to rotate at middle linebacker with the first unit.
- Safety Mykkele Thompson had two good hits, one on running back Orleans Darkwa and the other on wide receiver Myles White.
WATCH: @RashadJennings off to the races at #GiantsCamp https://t.co/YXkOcHQDWF
— New York Giants (@Giants) August 14, 2016
HEAD COACH BEN MCADOO…
The transcript of Ben McAdoo’s press conference on Sunday is available in The Corner Forum while the video is available at Giants.com.
THE PLAYERS SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following players are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
- Owa Odighizuwa showing early signs of breakout year by Michael Eisen of Giants.com
- Giants emerging pass rusher fueled by three-word mantra by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
WHAT’S UP NEXT…
The thirteenth training camp practice will be held on Monday, starting at 10:40AM. This is officially the last training camp practice of the summer. It is not open to the general public but only season ticket holders who have received special access. The Giants will be off Tuesday and return to practice on Wednesday.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.