SEPTEMBER 15, 2016 NEW YORK GIANTS INJURY REPORT…
Defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul (shoulder) and defensive tackle Robert Thomas (illness) did not practice on Thursday.
“(My shoulder) allowed me to play last Sunday,” said Pierre-Paul. “I’m not even worried about my shoulder. We’re good. I’ll be out there Sunday…maybe.” (The “maybe” was said with a grin).
NIKITA WHITLOCK SUSPENDED 10 GAMES…
New York Giants fullback Nikita Whitlock has been suspended without pay for the team’s next 10 games for violating the NFL policy on performance-enhancing substances. Whitlock, who is currently on Injured Reserve with a foot injury, will begin serving his suspension immediately.
This is Whitlock’s second such infraction. The NFL suspended Whitlock in November 2014 for violating the league’s policy on performance-enhancing drugs when he was with the Dallas Cowboys, who then terminated his Practice Squad contract.
THE COACHES SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following coaches are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
- Offensive Coordinator Mike Sullivan (Video)
- Defensive Coordinator Steve Spagnuolo (Video)
- Special Teams Coordinator Tom Quinn
THE PLAYERS SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following players are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
- LG Justin Pugh (Video)
- DE Jason Pierre-Paul (Video)
- DE Olivier Vernon (Video)
- CB Eli Apple (Video)
- S Landon Collins (Video)
- Why Sterling Shepard has a chance to be the next great Giants WR by Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com
- Will Tye could have used sick day against Cowboys by Tom Rock of Newsday
- Former starting OT Will Beatty doesn’t appear part of Giants’ short-term plans by Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com
- Giants’ Jersey guy Jonathan Casillas savoring ‘storybook’ late career surge by James Kratch for NJ.com
- Giants rookie Darian Thompson in line to start at free safety vs. Saints by Dan Duggan for NJ.com
- This is the moment Janoris Jenkins has been waiting for by George Willis of The New York Post
- Eli Apple faces stiffer test this week in Saints QB Drew Brees by Tom Rock of Newsday
WHAT’S UP NEXT…
Head Coach Ben McAdoo and select position coaches and players will address the media on Friday.