NOVEMBER 2, 2016 NEW YORK GIANTS INJURY REPORT…
Wide receiver Odell Beckham (hip), running back Bobby Rainey (calf), offensive tackle Marshall Newhouse (calf), safety Darian Thompson (foot), safety Nat Berhe (concussion), long snapper Zak DeOssie (ankle), and quarterback Ryan Nassib (elbow) practiced on a limited basis on Wednesday.
“(I was) probably like 65 (percent against the Los Angeles Rams), to be honest,” Beckham said. “It was pretty close to a game time decision. They were like, ‘We have eight minutes to turn it (the inactive list) in.’ I was warming up. I think I slipped on the second or third route. I didn’t know if I was going to make it through the game. Thankfully, I did. We got a bye week that came at the right time. Had some time to recover and get worked on pretty much all break. I’m just about 85 (percent). Almost back to normal, so to say.”
When asked about Berhe, Head Coach Ben McAdoo said, “He is able to practice, but no contact.”
PRACTICE SQUAD MOVES…
The New York Giants have signed running back George Winn to the Practice Squad and terminated the Practice Squad contract of quarterback Logan Thomas.
Winn was originally signed by the Houston Texans as an undrafted rookie free agent after the 2013 NFL Draft. He has spent time with the Texans (2013), New England Patriots (2013), Oakland Raiders (2013), Pittsburgh Steelers (2013), Dallas Cowboys (2013), and Detroit Lions (2014–2016). He’s played in 19 regular-season games with no starts, accruing just 74 yards on 23 carries (3.2 yards per carry). Winn is a hard-nosed, between-the-tackles runner. Good special teams player.
Thomas was originally drafted in the 4th round of the 2014 NFL Draft by the Arizona Cardinals. The Dolphins claimed Thomas off of waivers from the Cardinals in September 2015 and the Giants claimed him off of waivers from the Dolphins in June 2016. Thomas has only played in two NFL games, completing one pass in nine attempts for an 81-yard touchdown.
THE PLAYERS SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following players are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
- RB Rashad Jennings (Video)
- WR Odell Beckham, Jr. (Video)
- WR Victor Cruz (Video)
- OC Weston Richburg (Video)
- OG Justin Pugh (Video)
- GM Jerry Reese: Giants tight ends have to ‘step it up and play better’ by Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com
- Justin Pugh trades in his Philadelphia allegiance for New York by Tom Rock of Newsday
- With Landon Collins, Janoris ‘Jackrabbit’ Jenkins leading the way, Giants defense ready for second-half run by Anthony McCarron of The Daily News
- Nice pick, but Landon Collins wants to be known for more than just one play by Tom Rock of Newsday
- Giants’ Nat Berhe eyes return from concussion: ‘Nobody wants to live forever’ by Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com
- Kicker Robbie Gould still adjusting by The Bergen Record
WHAT’S UP NEXT…
The Giants practice at 11:20AM on Thursday.