DECEMBER 14, 2016 NEW YORK GIANTS INJURY REPORT…
Defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul (core muscle) and linebacker Keenan Robinson (shoulder) did not practice on Wednesday.
Three players who are in the NFL concussion protocol – running back Shane Vereen, linebacker Mark Herzlich, and safety Nat Berhe – were limited to non-contact work.
Defensive end Owa Odighizuwa (knee), defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins (shoulder), left guard Justin Pugh (knee), and long snapper Zak DeOssie (hamstring) practiced on a limited basis.
“I think this is the week,” said Pugh. “I felt good last week. They eased me back into it. As long as there is no hiccups this week, I think I’ll be ready to go.”
GIANTS ADD RUNNING BACK TO THE PRACTICE SQUAD…
The New York Giants have signed running back Russell Hansbrough to the Practice Squad. Hansbrough was signed as an undrafted rookie free agent by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers after the 2016 NFL Draft. Hansbrough spent time on both Tampa Bay’s Practice Squad and 53-man roster before being cut in late November. Hansbrough is a speedy back who lacks ideal size.
BRAD WING NAMED “NFC SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK”…
New York Giants punter Brad Wing has been named “NFC Special Teams Player of the Week” for his performance against the Dallas Cowboys last Sunday night. In that game, Wing punted nine times, averaging 43.2 yards per punt (42.9 yard net). Five of Wing’s punts were downed inside the 20-yard line and two at the 3-yard line. The Cowboys only returned three punts for three yards.
This is this the sixth “NFC Player of the Week” award won by the Giants this season, and the second on special teams. The others were:
- Week 2: CB Janoris Jenkins (“NFC Special Teams Player of the Week”)
- Week 6: WR Odell Beckham, Jr. (“NFC Offensive Player of the Week”)
- Week 7: S Landon Collins (“NFC Defensive Player of the Week”)
- Week 9: S Landon Collins (“NFC Defensive Player of the Week”)
- Week 12: DE Jason Pierre-Paul (“NFC Defensive Player of the Week”)
Wing is the first Giants punter to receive the “NFC Special Teams Player of the Week” award since Jeff Feagles in 2005.
THE PLAYERS SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following players are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
- WR Odell Beckham, Jr. (Video)
- WR Victor Cruz (Video)
- LG Justin Pugh (Video)
- S Landon Collins (Video)
- Eli Manning must accept two-word role QBs hate to talk about by Kevin Kernan of The New York Post
- Giants’ Odell Beckham making most of signature slant-and-score route by Seth Walder of The Daily News
- Odell Beckham Jr. searches for answers for drops by Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com
- Victor Cruz wants to salsa if it’s his final act at MetLife by Tom Rock of Newsday
- Janoris Jenkins turning heads with shutdown play by Michael Eisen of Giants.com
WHAT’S UP NEXT…
The Giants practice at 12:20PM on Thursday. The coordinators will also address the media.