[contentblock id=1 img=html.png]
Center Weston Richburg (concussion), defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul (shoulder/knee), defensive end Olivier Vernon (ankle), and cornerback Janoris Jenkins (ankle) did not practice on Wednesday.
Running back Paul Perkins (ribs), running back Orleans Darkwa (back), wide receiver Odell Beckham (finger/ankle), and wide receiver Brandon Marshall (toe) practiced on a limited basis.
The New York Giants have waived linebacker Deontae Skinner and signed offensive lineman Jon Halapio off of the team’s Practice Squad. The Giants also signed center Anthony Fabiano to the Practice Squad.
Skinner was originally signed as an undrafted rookie free agent by the New England Patriots after the 2014 NFL Draft. He has spent time with the Patriots (2014-2015) and Eagles (2015-2016). The Giants added to and released Skinner from the Practice Squad multiple times in 2016. He also was signed to the 53-man roster in October and again in December. Skinner was cut by the Giants in September 2017 and re-signed later that month.
Halapio was originally drafted in the 6th round of the 2014 NFL Draft by the New England Patriots. He has bounced around different leagues and teams including the Patriots (2014), Boston Brawlers (2014), Denver Broncos (2014–2015), Arizona Cardinals (2015), Brooklyn Bolts (2015), and Patriots (2016) again. The Giants added him to their Practice Squad in September 2016 and again in September 2017. Halapio has not played in an NFL regular-season game.
Fabiano was originally signed as a rookie free agent by the Baltimore Ravens after the 2016 NFL Draft. He has spent time with the Ravens (2016), Cleveland Browns (2016), and Washington Redskins (2017). The 6’1”, 303-pound Fabiano played in four games with one start for Cleveland in 2016. Fabiano is an athletic lineman who lacks ideal size and strength.
HEAD COACH BEN MCADOO…
The transcript of Ben McAdoo’s press conference on Wednesday is available in The Corner Forum while the video is available at Giants.com.
THE PLAYERS SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following players are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
- RB Wayne Gallman (Video)
- WR Odell Beckham, Jr. (Video)
- WR Sterling Shepard (Giants Insider Video)
- OL Justin Pugh (Video)
- LB Jonathan Casillas (Video)
- LB Mark Herzlich (Video)
- CB Eli Apple (Video)
- S Landon Collins (Video)
- A deeper look at the Giants’ loss to the Buccaneers: 10 observations by Dan Duggan for NJ.com
- Giants task: Keeping the locker room from fracturing by Mark Cannizzaro of The New York Post
- Passing on points: What are the Giants, Ben McAdoo thinking? by Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com
- Odell Beckham Jr. was told by Bucs CB they know his routes by Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com
- Brandon Marshall not meeting his own high standards by Michael Eisen of Giants.com
- Shaun O’Hara rips Giants’ offensive line: ‘I would go Bear Bryant on their ass’ by James Kratch for NJ.com
- D.J. Fluker deserves to start on Giants’ offensive line, though he might not by Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com
- Lawrence Taylor’s advice to the Giants after their 0-4 start by Bob Glauber of Newsday
WHAT’S UP NEXT…
The Giants practice on Thursday at 11:20AM. The team’s coordinators and select players will also address the media after practice.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.