[contentblock id=1 img=html.png]
JUNE 13, 2018 NEW YORK GIANTS MINI-CAMP REPORT…
The second day of the New York Giants 3-day mandatory mini-camp was held on Wednesday at Quest Diagnostics Training Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey. All 90 players on the current roster were present.
The mini-camp will conclude with a practice on Thursday.
Wide receiver Odell Beckham, Jr. (recovering from ankle surgery) has been cleared to practice. On Wednesday, he participated in individual and walk-thru drills, but not team drills.
Safety Landon Collins (recovering from offseason arm surgery) did not participate in full-team drills.
Defensive end Josh Mauro (unknown), defensive end R.J. McIntosh (unknown), linebacker Avery Moss (unknown), and safety Darian Thompson (unknown) did not practice.
Some snippets from various media sources:
- For the second day in a row, the first-team offensive line was left tackle Nate Solder, left guard Will Hernandez, center Jon Halapio, right guard Patrick Omameh, and right tackle Ereck Flowers.
- The starting safeties again were Andrew Adams and Curtis Riley.
- Cornerback Donte Deayon intercepted a pass in early passing drills.
- Quarterback Eli Manning threw a touchdown pass to wide receiver Cody Latimer during redzone drills, beating cornerback Janoris Jenkins. Latimer was active catching the football.
- Safety Andrew Adams nicely broke up an endzone throw to tight end Evan Engram.
- Quarterback Davis Webb made an excellent throw to wide receiver Roger Lewis, Jr. on a fade route. Lewis made a one-handed catch but his second foot was out of bounds.
- Place kicker Marshall Koehn was 7-of-8 on field goal attempts; he missed his shortest attempt.
- Linebacker Lorenzo Carter flashed a nice burst off the edge on a blitz.
- Quarterback Eli Manning overthrew wide receiver Sterling Shepard deep over the middle.
- Running back Saquon Barkley demonstrated outstanding quickness and acceleration after catching a pass in the flat from quarterback Eli Manning, splitting two defenders, and then streaking downfield for a touchdown. Linebackers have had a very hard time covering Barkley.
- Wide receiver Kalif Raymond received some first-team reps. He dropped a pass but also caught a touchdown on a fly pattern from quarterback Davis Webb.
- Quarterback Davis Webb demonstrated nice touch on a wheel route to running back Wayne Gallman.
- The defensive front batted down a lot of passes at the line of scrimmage.
- Notes and observations from minicamp practice (6/13) by John Schmeelk of Giants.com
- Who stood out at Giants minicamp? (6/13) by Dan Salomone of Giants.com
THE COORDINATORS SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following coaches are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
THE PLAYERS SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following players are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
- RB Saquon Barkley (Video)
- LT Nate Solder (Video)
- RT Ereck Flowers (Video)
- CB Janoris Jenkins (Video)
- Giants look to blitz, pressure quarterback more under new DC by Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com
- Saquon Barkley and the catch that got away by Tom Rock of Newsday
- Giants’ Will Hernandez embracing role as Saquon Barkley’s bodyguard, opens up about practice fights by Matt Lombardo for NJ.com
- Ereck Flowers starting to give Giants a reason to hope by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- Ereck Flowers adjusting to move to RT after Giants signed Nate Solder by Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com
- Giants rookie LB soaking up the knowledge from veterans by Jake Nisse of The New York Post
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.