[contentblock id=1 img=html.png]
JUNE 14, 2018 NEW YORK GIANTS MINI-CAMP REPORT…
The third and final day of the New York Giants 3-day mandatory mini-camp was held on Thursday at Quest Diagnostics Training Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey. All 90 players on the current roster were present.
“All right, that was the last day of the spring training,” said Head Coach Pat Shurmur. “The guys will be on their way for a couple of weeks and then we will be back. Really have not announced it, but July 22, we are going to have the rookies, selected vets and the quarterbacks come in. The whole squad will then be together on July 25. Done this in the past. It is a great way for the rookies to get a lot more reps. It is a good way for the quarterbacks to get going. Those can be a very productive two days. Then, we will have the vets and the whole team together on the 25th. It has been written we are going to practice with Detroit for a couple of days prior to playing them in a preseason game. I have done that in the past. It can be very productive, especially for the younger players to get a lot of reps. In terms of the training camp schedule, for the most part we will have walk-throughs in the morning and practice in the afternoon. There will be a handful of practices where we practice in the morning. We will just change it up a little bit. It was a very productive offseason. I told the players we have come a long way, but we have a long way to go in all areas.”
Wide receiver Odell Beckham, Jr. (recovering from ankle surgery) has been cleared to practice. On Thursday, he participated in individual and walk-thru drills, but not team drills.
Safety Landon Collins (recovering from offseason arm surgery) did not participate in full-team drills.
Defensive end Josh Mauro (unknown), defensive end R.J. McIntosh (unknown), linebacker Avery Moss (unknown), and safety Darian Thompson (unknown) did not practice.
“(McIntosh) is going to have to have a procedure here but there is no real update or change in the situation,” said Head Coach Pat Shurmur. “We are hopeful (that he will be ready for training camp.”
“(Moss) is one of those guys that had an injury a year ago and is working through it,” said Shurmur. “We are hoping he will be ready to go come training camp.”
Left tackle Nate Solder tweaked his knee during practice.
Some snippets from various media sources:
- Quarterback Eli Manning did not take any reps during the team portion of practice.
- Playing with the first team in goal line drills, quarterback Davis Webb first ran a bootleg for a touchdown. He then hit tight end Rhett Ellison for another score.
- Quarterback Davis Webb made a nice touch pass to tight end Kyle Carter over safety Orion Stewart for a touchdown in the corner of the end zone.
- Wide receiver Roger Lewis, Jr. dropped another well-thrown pass into the endzone by quarterback Davis Webb.
- Quarterback Kyle Lauletta also made a really nice throw for a touchdown to wide receiver Travis Rudolph.
- Left guard Will Hernandez and nose tackle Damon Harrison got into a fight with punches thrown.
- Place kicker Aldrick Rosas was 3-of-4 on field goal attempts while place kicker Marshall Koehn was 2-of-4.
- Notes and observations from minicamp (6/14) by John Schmeelk of Giants.com
- Who stood out at minicamp finale (6/14) by Dan Salomone of Giants.com
HEAD COACH PAT SHURMUR…
The transcript of Pat Shurmur’s press conference on Thursday is available in The Corner Forum while the video is available at Giants.com.
THE PLAYERS SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following players are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
- Does Giants hyped defensive coordinator have enough weapons? by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- There are a (half) ton of expectations for the New York Giants’ defensive line trio by Art Stapleton of The
- A.J. Francis seeking revenge on Redskins after joining Giants: ‘Didn’t give me justice I deserved’ by Ryan Dunleavy for NJ.com
- Odell Beckham Jr. working one-on-one with Eli Manning by Tom Rock of Newsday
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.