[contentblock id=1 img=html.png]
AUGUST 19, 2018 NEW YORK GIANTS PRACTICE REPORT…
There are no more New York Giants training camp practices open to the public this summer. However, the team will continue to practice at Quest Diagnostics Training Center each week, including Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday this week.
“It was a good day today,” said Head Coach Pat Shurmur after practice. “We brought them in a little bit later so they could get their rest. I mentioned that sleep was overrated, not for the players. We got home late yesterday, the plan was to then let them get their rest so we can put in another really good week of work. I mention it again, we’re playing the Jets here at the end of the week, but this is still training camp, so we’ll come out in pads the next couple of days and get some stuff done – not only for the Jets but also thinking ahead to Jacksonville.”
Not practicing on Sunday due to injury were wide running back Saquon Barkley (hamstring), running back Jalen Simmons (concussion), defensive end R.J. McIntosh (unknown – Active/Non-Football Illness list), linebacker Connor Barwin (“soreness”), linebacker Calvin Munson (concussion), linebacker Thurston Armbrister (hamstring), and safety Darian Thompson (hamstring).
Wide receiver Travis Rudolph (quad), tight end Ryan O’Malley (ankle), and cornerback Donte Deayon (hamstring) returned to practice after being out the past two weeks. “They’ve got to get back in there,” Head Coach Pat Shurmur said. “Again, their health is a front burner deal for us. We want to make sure they’re healthy before we put them out in an uncontrolled setting, so yeah they’ve got to catch up. That’s just the nature of being out.”
Some snippets from various media sources:
- Giants practiced in helmets and shells, without pads.
- Quarterback Eli Manning threw a perfect pass to wideout Sterling Shepard, who beat cornerback Eli Apple and free safety Curtis Riley.
- Quarterback Kyle Lauletta connected on a deep post to wide receiver Alonzo Russell, who ran past cornerback Eli Apple.
- Quarterback Davis Webb threw a touchdown to tight end Evan Engram in red-zone drills on a slant pass between defensive backs William Gay and Michael Thomas.
- Quarterback Kyle Lauletta threw a touchdown pass to tight end Garrett Dickerson, who made a juggling, finger-tip catch against safety Orion Stewart.
- Wide receiver Kalif Raymond played some running back and scored on a run.
- The inside linebackers in the first-team nickel defense were Ray-Ray Armstrong and Alec Ogletree.
- Quarterback Alex Tanney connected on a long pass to wide receiver Amba Etta-Tawo.
- In 7-on-7 red-zone drills, quarterback Eli Manning hit wide receiver Odell Beckham, Jr. for a touchdown on a fade pass.
- Cornerback Grant Haley knocked away a corner throw from quarterback Kyle Lauletta to wide receiver Amba Etta-Tawo.
- Cornerback Leonard Johnson intercepted a pass from quarterback Alex Tanney in the end zone.
‼️Top Play Nominee‼️@Senor__Nueve makes the juggling TD! pic.twitter.com/gItEQTMspk
— New York Giants (@Giants) August 19, 2018
HEAD COACH PAT SHURMUR…
The transcript of Pat Shurmur’s press conference on Sunday is available in The Corner Forum while the video is available at Giants.com.
THE PLAYERS SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following players are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
- Curtis Riley, B.W. Webb earning spots in Giants’ secondary by Tom Rock of Newsday
- This ‘resilient’ Giants player looks like surprise answer to a major concern | ‘It’s not sweet out there’ by Ryan Dunleavy for NJ.com
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.