Robert Ayers Out for Season With Torn Pectoral Muscle: According to various media reports, New York Giants defensive end Robert Ayers will miss the remainder of the 2014 NFL season with a torn pectoral muscle. Ayers has been one of the Giants’ best defensive players, accruing five sacks on the season as a key rotational player and back-up.
December 1, 2014 Tom Coughlin Press Conference: The transcript of Head Coach Tom Coughlin’s Monday conference call is available at Giants.com.
December 1, 2014 New York Giants Player Media Q&As: Transcripts of media conference calls on Monday with the following players are available at Giants.com:
QB Eli Manning on WFAN Radio: The audio of Monday’s WFAN interview with QB Eli Manning is available at CBS New York
Article on Giants President/CEO John Mara: It’s time for co-owner John Mara to shake up his pathetic Giants by Steve Politi for NJ.com
Articles on the New York Giants Head Coaching Position:
- Coughlin tells Giants not to worry about him by Tom Canavan of The Associated Press
- Coughlin vows not to leave Giants — but is he wanted? by Steve Serby of The New York Post
- Why Tom Coughlin doesn’t make sense moving forward for Giants after crumbling in Jacksonville by Jordan Raanan for NJ.com
- Giants must ask this critical question: If not Tom Coughlin, then who? by Dan Graziano of ESPN.com
- If Giants and Jets hire new coaches, who are top candidates? by Bob Glauber of Newsday
Article on TE Larry Donnell: Giants tight end Larry Donnell not sure what he can do to avoid costly fumbles by Jordan Raanan for NJ.com
Articles on the Giants-Jaguars Game:
- Damontre Moore’s playing time increased, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie’s decreased | Giants snap counts by Jordan Raanan for NJ.com
- Giants rewind: The final delusion is erased by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
Notes: The Giants’ seven-game losing streak is their longest since they lost eight in a row in 2004. The 3-9 record is their worst after 12 games since 1995. The Giants will have consecutive losing seasons for the first time since 2003 and 2004, when they were 4-12 and 6-10.
The Giants have lost their last three games in which they led at the half – 17-14 at Seattle (where they lost, 38-17), 21-10 last week vs. Dallas (lost, 31-28), and at Jacksonville. Prior to this streak, they had won nine consecutive games in which they held a halftime lead. The Giants also lost the game against Arizona on September 14 when they led 14-10 at the end of the 3rd quarter and lost 25-14.
The Giants led in the fourth quarter, 21-16, and again at 24-22. It was the second game in a row they didn’t hold a fourth-quarter lead. Last week vs. Dallas, they took a 28-24 lead before losing, 31-28.
This was the third time the Giants held a 21-point lead and lost in Tom Coughlin’s 11 years as head coach. On November 26, 2006 at Tennessee, they led 21-0 in the fourth quarter but lost, 24-21. On December 19, 2010 in MetLife Stadium, they led Philadelphia, 24-3 and 31-10, but lost 38-31.