JAY BROMLEY UPDATE…
Following up on Saturday’s story that New York Giants defensive tackle Jay Bromley alleged raped a woman he met online and later struck her with his car, the attorney for Bromley does not believe his client will be charged by police. “We have reviewed the allegations against Mr. Bromley and believe no crime has been committed,” said the attorney. “Accordingly, we do not expect him to be charged.”
The New York Daily News is reporting that a “source with knowledge of the investigation said police believe Bromley’s accuser has ‘significant credibility issues.'” The source told the paper, “They don’t think her story makes any sense.”
The New York Post is reporting that police are examining if the alleged victim has a history of extorting money from celebrities.
GIANTS IN THE PRO BOWL…
The 2016 Pro Bowl was played on Sunday at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu, Hawaii. The four Giants who played in the game performed as follows:
- Quarterback Eli Manning started the game and was 6-of-9 for 75 yards, 1 touchdown, and 1 interception (off a deflected pass).
- Wide receiver Odell Beckham, Jr. caught two passes for 34 yards. He also played some safety on defense.
- Cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie picked off two passes, but also fumbled one of those interceptions back to the opposing team.
- Place kicker Josh Brown was 3-for-3 on point-after attempts. He also threw an interception on a fake point-after attempt.
On the sidelines during the game, Manning was asked about the team’s head coaching change. “Well, it’ll be different,” Manning said. “I really feel it’s been a blessing to have coach (Tom) Coughlin as my coach for 12 years. He taught me so much about the game of football but also about being a man, a father. I’ve grown up in front of him. So I feel like I’ve learned a lot. I’m excited about coach (Ben) McAdoo next year. I have a great relationship with him as well, working with him these last two years. I think he’ll do a great job of taking control of this team and leading us in the right direction.”
“GIANTS INSIDER” Q&As…
Video clips of Q&A sessions with the following players are available at Giants.com:
- On 25th anniversary, Giants reflect on winning Super Bowl XXV by Bob Glauber of Newsday
- Former Giants exec Dave Gettleman’s long road to GM job pays off with Panthers’ Super Bowl 50 trip by Ebenezer Samuel of The New York Daily News
- How Giants rejected Panthers’ golden-touch GM for Jerry Reese by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- Simms’ new love as an analyst is telling by Tara Sullivan of The Bergen Record