[contentblock id=1 img=html.png]
NEW YORK GIANTS INJURY REPORT…
RT Marshall Newhouse (concussion), DE Jason Pierre-Paul (ankle), LB J.T. Thomas (ankle), S Craig Dahl (concussion), and S Cooper Taylor (concussion) did not practice on Wednesday.
Pierre-Paul said he will have additional surgery after the season on the right hand that he originally injured during a July 4th fireworks accident. Pierre-Paul lost his right index finger (amputated) and seriously damaged his right thumb and middle finger in the accident. The goal of the surgery is to improve flexibility in his middle finger so he can grip better and rid himself of his protective club.
“On film, you can see the club is preventing me from making tackles,” Pierre-Paul said. “People see it, I see it, and once I can move away from the club, I’ll be perfectly fine.”
WR Dwayne Harris (back and shoulder) practiced on a limited basis.
GIANTS SIGN TWO TO PRACTICE SQUAD…
The New York Giants have signed linebacker Glenn Carson and cornerback T.J. Heath to the team’s Practice Squad.
Carson was originally signed as an undrafted rookie free agent by the Arizona Cardinals after the 2014 NFL Draft. He played in five games as a rookie and finished the season with 11 tackles. The Cardinals waived him in August 2015. Carson is a an instinctive, intense, blue collar player who lacks ideal athleticism.
Heath was originally signed as an undrafted rookie free agent by the Jacksonville Jaguars after the 2011 NFL Draft. Since then, he has spent time with the Jaguars (2011), Bengals (2012), Bills (2012-13), Browns (2013-14), Dolphins (2014), Panthers (2015), and Falcons (2015). Heath has only played in seven NFL games.
According to NJ.com, the following players worked out for the New York Giants on Tuesday: QB Pete Thomas, WR Aldrick Robinson, TE Mike McFarland, LB Glenn Carson, LB Cole Farrand, S Tyrequek Zimmerman, PK Quinn Sharp, and P Spencer Roth.
TOM COUGHLIN AND THE COORDINATORS SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following coaches are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
- Head Coach Tom Coughlin (Video)
- Offensive Coordinator Ben McAdoo (Video)
- Defensive Coordinator Steve Spagnuolo (Video)
— New York Giants (@Giants) December 30, 2015
THE PLAYERS SPEAK…
The following transcripts and video of player media sessions on Wednesday are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
- QB Eli Manning (Video)
- WR Odell Beckham (Video)
- LG Justin Pugh (Video)
- DE Jason Pierre-Paul (Video)
- LB Mark Herzlich (Video)
- Giants’ six most damaging moments of 2015 by Tom Rock of Newsday
- Four Giant(s) mistakes by GM Jerry Reese in the offseason that cost Big Blue by Ebenezer Samuel of The New York Daily News
- John Mara’s 2016 plan: Coughlin likely out but what about Reese? by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- Revisiting what Giants co-owner John Mara said at the end of last season by Jordan Raanan for NJ.com
- Laying out the most realistic possibilities for Tom Coughlin and the Giants by Jordan Raanan for NJ.com
- Could Tom Coughlin make it easy on his bosses and walk away? by Dan Graziano of ESPN.com
- Coughlin should go gracefully by Tara Sullivan of The Bergen Record
- Giants coach Coughlin should choose to retire by Art Stapleton of The Bergen Record
- Giants owe it to Tom Coughlin to not let him twist in the wind at the end by James Kratch for NJ.com
- Last plea? Giants’ Coughlin begs for Coughlin-question ban by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- Chris Snee blames Giants’ talent, not Coughlin, his father-in-law by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- No need to baby Eli with another Coughlin grace year by Mike Vaccaro of The New York Post
- A loss Sunday would send Giants to London in 2016 by Dan Graziano of ESPN.com
- Next in line if Giants have a coaching vacancy by The Bergen Record
- If Giants and Tom Coughlin part ways, they should consider Sean Payton by Gary Myers of The New York Daily News
- Jason Pierre-Paul to undergo more surgery after season by Dan Graziano of ESPN.com
WHAT’S UP NEXT…
The Giants practice on Thursday and hold physical recovery cycles on Friday in advance of Sunday’s home finale against the Philadelphia Eagles.