Chykie Brown Re-Signed by New York Giants: According to NJ.com, the New York Giants have re-signed unrestricted free agent cornerback Chykie Brown. Terms of the deal are not yet known.
The Giants claimed Brown off of waivers from the Baltimore Ravens in November 2014. He ended up playing in eight games with four starts and finished the season with 31 tackles and two pass defenses for the Giants. Brown was originally drafted by the Ravens in the 5th round of the 2011 NFL Draft. In four seasons with the Ravens, Brown played in 46 regular-season games with two starts.
“He is a young man that is very conscientious,” said former Giants defensive coordinator Perry Fewell in December 2014. “He takes very good notes, and when I say takes good notes, he is a good film study guy. He doesn’t have all of our techniques down pat, but he has the long arms. We like that, for jams, he has really good speed, so we like the speed that he can possess when he runs down the field.
“He is a pretty tough guy as a corner. Most corners are not physically tough guys, I think he is a pretty tough guy. I think he is a really nice addition to come in and help play in our secondary. We just like the speed factor, and some of the intangibles of what I just mentioned in his play.”
For a list of all of the Giants free agents, see the 2015 Free Agency Scorecard section of the website.
Other New York Giants Free Agent News:
- Unrestricted free agent safety Rahim Moore (Denver Broncos), who the Giants reportedly were interested in, has signed with the Houston Texans.
- Unrestricted free agent defensive end Adrian Clayborn (Tampa Bay Buccaneers), who the Giants were reportedly interested in, has signed with the Atlanta Falcons.
- The Giants are reportedly interested in unrestricted free agent safety Darian Stewart (Baltimore Ravens). However, according to the The Daily News, while Stewart is visiting the Broncos and Falcons, he has no visit scheduled with the Giants.
Article on the New York Giants and Free Agency:
- NFL Free Agency 2015: Where do the Giants’ stand with their salary cap space? by Nick Powell for NJ.com
- More than losing Antrel Rolle, the Giants’ problem is how little is left behind by Dan Graziano of ESPN.com
Articles on the New York Giants Defense:
- No Tuck. No Rolle. Will one of these 3 Giants step up to lead ‘D’? by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- Jameel McClain collects $400K bonus as Giants linebacker picture becomes clearer by Jordan Raanan for NJ.com
Article on the New York Giants Running Backs: Andre Williams welcomes Shane Vereen, says three’s not a crowd in Giants’ backfield by Tom Rock of Newsday