Jason Pierre-Paul Suffers Hand Injury in Fireworks Accident: According to multiple media reports, New York Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul suffered a potentially serious hand injury in a fireworks accident during July 4th festivities at his South Florida home on Saturday.
The full extent of the injuries are not yet known. According to ESPN, the palm and the tips of three fingers of one of Pierre-Paul’s hands were severely burned. Doctors are checking to see if one of his fingers suffered nerve damage. However, one source told ESPN that it is believed Pierre-Paul will be fine. Early reports had erroneously stated that Pierre-Paul had lost several fingers.
Pierre-Paul has yet to sign the 1-year, $14.813 million Franchise tender the team tagged him with. It is not yet known how this accident will affect his availability in training camp, the preseason, and/or the regular season.
Article on LG Justin Pugh: Growing up a Giant: Matured Justin Pugh makes changes for bounceback year by Jordan Raanan for NJ.com
Articles on the New York Giants Defensive Line:
- NFC East Q&A: Do teams fear the Giants’ pass rush? by Dan Graziano of ESPN.com
- Exploring the ceiling for ‘legit’ Giants defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins by Jordan Raanan for NJ.com
- Giants defensive tackle Markus Kuhn knows there are ‘no more excuses,’ it’s now or never by Jordan Raanan for NJ.com
Articles on Former Giants CB Walter Thurmond:
- So this is why Walter Thurmond was never returning to the Giants? by Jordan Raanan for NJ.com
- Walter Thurmond: Tom Coughlin ‘doesn’t believe in the modern medicine’ by Dan Graziano of ESPN.com