INJURY REPORT – CRUZ, AYERS, SELVIE, KENNARD OUT…
WR Victor Cruz (calf), DE Robert Ayers (hamstring), DE George Selvie (calf), and LB Devon Kennard (hamstring) have officially been ruled out of Sunday night’s game against the San Francisco 49ers.
“(Kennard has) had a very good start to the season, so obviously we lose his energy, his enthusiasm, his love of the game, his physical play,” said Head Coach Tom Coughlin. “It’s unfortunate that he’s out this week, but hopefully he’ll be back soon.”
LB Jonathan Casillas (calf), CB Jayron Hosley (concussion), and CB Trumaine McBride (groin) are “questionable” for the game.
TE Jerome Cunningham (knee), LT Ereck Flowers (ankle), and DT Markus Kuhn (knee) are “probable.”
Meanwhile, NJ.com is reporting that TE Daniel Fells, who is on Injured Reserve, underwent a fourth surgical procedure on Thursday to treat his methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) staph infection in his ankle. A fifth procedure is also scheduled for this weekend. The Giants had thought Fells was getting better and thought he might have been released from the hospital on Thursday.
“(Fells is) still (the hospital) and from what I understand, he’s still running a temperature,” said Coughlin. “We’re all praying for him, believe me.”
HEAD COACH TOM COUGHLIN…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with Tom Coughlin are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
- Heads or tails, Giants’ Tom Coughlin wants to defer by Tom Rock of Newsday
- Being relentless is helping Giants’ defense get job done by Bob Glauber of Newsday
- Wynn making sure he’s not overlooked on Giants by Chris Iseman of The Bergen Record
- Is 5-10 too short to play defensive line? Not for Giants fullback Nikita Whitlock by Dan Graziano of ESPN.com
- Why Nikita Whitlock is so hard to block and the 49ers better watch out for Giants’ secret weapon by Jordan Raanan for NJ.com
WHAT’S UP NEXT…
The Giants will hold a 45-minute, full-speed practice on Saturday that is not open to the media. The Giants face the San Francisco 49ers at home on Sunday night.