NEW YORK GIANTS INJURY UPDATE…
Quarterback Eli Manning injured one of his ankle’s during Sunday’s loss to the New York Jets. X-rays were negative. “They always take precaution and that’s why I got the X-ray, but no issues and it feels good,” said Manning on Monday. Manning also said he didn’t expect to miss any practice time.
Left tackle Ereck Flowers was carted off of the field with a high ankle sprain in the 3rd quarter. “Ankle, to the point where he was still on crutches today,” said Coughlin. “Another sprain, perhaps like the one he had previously.” No word yet on how much time Flowers will miss.
— New York Giants (@Giants) December 7, 2015
THE PLAYERS SPEAK…
The following transcripts and video of player media sessions on Monday are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
- Giants co-owner Steve Tisch still believes playoffs are within reach by Daniel Popper of The New York Daily News
- Giants sadly admit choking truth: It’s in their heads by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- Tom Coughlin takes blame and players don’t dispute it by Tom Rock of Newsday
- Tom Coughlin’s not doing himself any favors by Dan Graziano of ESPN.com
- Coughlin takes blame for another Giants meltdown by Tara Sullivan of The Bergen Record
- Eli Manning views Giants’ adversity as an opportunity by Bob Glauber of Newsday
WHAT’S UP NEXT…
The players return to practice on Wednesday to start preparing for Monday’s away game against the Miami Dolphins.
The Giants-Panthers game at the Meadowlands on Dec. 20 will NOT be flexed, as expected. Kickoff will remain at 1 p.m. ET.
— Ralph Vacchiano (@RVacchianoNYDN) December 7, 2015