AUGUST 5, 2016 NEW YORK GIANTS TRAINING CAMP REPORT…
The New York Giants held their seventh summer training camp practice on Friday at Quest Diagnostics Training Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey. The practice was a light jog-thru affair.
New York Giants defensive tackle Jay Bromley (ankle) and linebacker J.T. Thomas (hamstring) remain on the Physically-Unable-to-Perform (PUP) List.
Wide receiver Odell Beckham, Jr. (left leg) and tight end Matt LaCosse (knee) returned to practice.
Some snippets from various media sources:
- Friday’s practice was a light jog-thru before Saturday’s longest practice of camp.
- Newly-signed cornerback Leon Hall received first-team snaps in the slot cornerback position with the outside corners being Eli Apple (left corner) and Janoris Jenkins (right corner). Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie also worked in with the first unit at the slot corner position and at left cornerback.
- The first-team nickel linebackers were Jasper Brinkley and Jonathan Casillas. In the base defense, Devon Kennard came in as the third linebacker. Keenan Robinson also worked in as a nickel linebacker with Casillas.
- Shane McDermott received first-team reps at guard and center.
- Bobby Hart received some first-team reps at left tackle.
- Davon Coleman received some first-team snaps at defensive tackle.
THE COACHES SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following coaches are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
- Head Coach Ben McAdoo (Video)
- Tight Ends Coach Kevin M. Gilbride (Video)
- Offensive Line Coach Mike Solari (Video)
- Defensive Line Coach Patrick Graham (Video)
THE PLAYERS SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following players are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
- RB Paul Perkins (Video)
- LT Ereck Flowers (Video)
- DE Olivier Vernon (Video)
- CB Leon Hall (Giants Insider Video)
- Five takeaways from the first week of Giants camp by Ralph Vacchiano of SNY
- ‘Bully’ won’t be a bad word on Steve Spagnuolo’s Giants ‘D’ by Steve Serby of The New York Post
- Inside the matchup of Ereck Flowers and Olivier Vernon by Michael Eisen of Giants.com
- Jonathan Casillas can’t erase memory of Giants’ dreadful 2015 ‘D’ by Tom Rock of Newsday
- For Kelvin Sheppard, Giants linebacker job is Taylor-made by Pat Leonard of The New York Daily News
- Eli Apple receiving plenty of first-team work at Giants training camp by Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com
- How Giants plan to use Leon Hall by Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com
- Justin Tuck believes Giants D is Super Bowl caliber by Dan Salomone of Giants.com
WHAT’S UP NEXT…
The eighth training camp practice will be held on Saturday from 10:40AM – 1:00PM. Only five remaining training camp practices at Quest Diagnostics Training Center will be open to the public (weather permitting) this year:
- Saturday, August 6: 10:40 AM – 1:00 PM
- Monday, August 8: 11:10 AM – 12:40 PM
- Tuesday, August 9: 10:40 AM – 12:55 PM
- Wednesday, August 10: 10:40 AM – 12:20 PM
- Sunday, August 14: 11:10 AM – 12:50 PM