NOVEMBER 3, 2016 NEW YORK GIANTS INJURY REPORT…
Safety Darian Thompson (foot) re-injured his foot during individual drills in practice on Wednesday and did not practice on Thursday. He is back in a boot and being re-evaluated by a foot specialist. Thompson’s season may be in jeopardy.
“(It) felt very uncomfortable,” Thompson said. “Felt pain. Right now, don’t really know what’s going on. I’m going to find out more when I go see the doctor. It’s the same foot, the same injury I’ve been dealing with. I don’t know exactly what happened to it. That’s what I’m waiting to find out. I stayed here during the bye week doing rehab. Was feeling good. I guess it just wasn’t ready.”
Wide receiver Odell Beckham (hip), running back Bobby Rainey (calf), offensive tackle Marshall Newhouse (calf), defensive end Kerry Wynn (concussion), safety Nat Berhe (concussion), long snapper Zak DeOssie (ankle), and quarterback Ryan Nassib (elbow) practiced on a limited basis on Thursday. Wynn left practice after suffering the concussion during drills.
“We are not sure where Nat is, we are not sure where DT (Darian Thompson) is right now,” said Defensive Coordinator Steve Spagnuolo. “We thought we would be getting some guys back, but we are going to have to wait and see if that happens…(Berhe) did some things, he was limited, but I don’t know the official status. It is still protocol right now.”
THE COACHES SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following coaches are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
- Offensive Coordinator Mike Sullivan (Video)
- Defensive Coordinator Steve Spagnuolo (Video)
- Special Teams Coordinator Tom Quinn
THE PLAYERS SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following players are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
- Giants head coach Ben McAdoo proves he can stand the heat by Bob Glauber of Newsday
- Why McAdoo won’t look at Eagles wondering what could’ve been by Steve Serby of The New York Post
- Eli Manning looking skittish is big part of Giants’ worries: analyst by Justin Terranova of The New York Post
- From Sunday to Sunday: An NFL Pain Diary by Anthony Olivieri of ESPN
- It’s about time for Giants’ Odell Beckham’s second-half burst by Tom Rock of Newsday
- Andrew Adams living the NFL dream as a starting safety for Giants by Tom Rock of Newsday
WHAT’S UP NEXT…
Head Coach Ben McAdoo and select position coaches and players will address the media on Friday.