GIANTS PICKING UP OPTION ON ODELL BECKHAM, JR…
The NFL Network is reporting that the New York Giants will pick up the fifth-year option on wide receiver Odell Beckham, Jr.’s rookie contract. That means that Beckham will not become a free agent until after the 2018 NFL season. Beckham will earn $1,839,027 in salary in 2017 ($3,311,063 overall cap hit, including prorated signing bonus), but will now see his salary spike to about $8,000,000 in 2018.
Beckham is one of the game’s best players and had another stellar season in his third year, starting all 16 regular-season games and finishing with 101 catches for 1,367 yards and 10 touchdowns. In his first three seasons, Beckham has accrued 288 catches for 4,122 yards and 35 touchdowns in 43 regular-season games. Beckham’s accolades already include Pro Football Writers of America “Rookie of the Year” (2014), second-team All-Pro (2015, 2016), and Pro Bowl (2014, 2015, 2016). All of this despite constant double teams by opposing defenses.
The @Giants are picking up Odell Beckham Jr's fifth-year option. I'd guess announcement before start of draft Thursday. Deadline is May 3.
— Kimberly Jones (@KimJonesSports) April 24, 2017
- Is Giants GM Jerry Reese any good at drafting players? Here’s an analytical look by Seth Walder of The Daily News
- The final list of the Giants’ pre-draft visitors and workouts by Dan Duggan for NJ.com
- NFL Draft rumblings and how Giants might proceed (especially when it comes to quarterback) by Pat Leonard of The Daily News
- What to make of Jerry Reese and the Giants’ pre-draft interest in quarterbacks by Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com
- The hyped QB project and wild cards for Giants to draft by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- Note to Giants: Now’s not the time to hunt for QB of the future by Steve Serby of The New York Post
- Giants RB Paul Perkins went back to school this offseason by Dan Duggan for NJ.com
- How Giants envision using Christian McCaffrey, their dream draft slip by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- NFL Draft: Could Giants trade up to get Christian McCaffrey? by Tom Rock of Newsday
- Jerry Reese, Giants contemplate draft rich in tight ends by Tom Rock of Newsday
- Ereck Flowers’ replacement won’t be found in weak O-line draft class by Tom Rock of Newsday
- JPP, Collins see Giant goal for defense: No. 1 by Art Stapleton of The Bergen Record
- How Jason Pierre-Paul is following in Michael Strahan’s footsteps by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- Giants’ Andrew Adams is latest example draft goes beyond Round 7 by Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com
- Michael Strahan, Lawrence Taylor headline best draft picks for Giants by Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com
- How former Giants RB David Wilson moved on after NFL career was cut short by Bob Glauber of Newsday