DEVIN TAYLOR AND GERALD HODGES VISITING NEW YORK GIANTS…
According to ESPN and ProFootballTalk.com, unrestricted free agents defensive end Devin Taylor (Detroit Lions) and linebacker Gerald Hodges (San Francisco 49ers) will be visiting the New York Giants. Taylor will supposedly visit the Giants today and Hodges will visit the Giants on Tuesday after meeting with the Buffalo Bills on Monday.
Taylor was originally drafted in the 4th round of the 2013 NFL Draft by the Detroit Lions. In four seasons with the Lions, Taylor has played in 61 regular-season games with 18 starts, 16 of which came in 2016 when Taylor accrued 28 tackles, 4.5 sacks, one pass defense, and one forced fumble. The 27-year old Taylor is a big end (6’7”, 275lbs) with good overall athleticism. However, he never lived up to expectations in Detroit.
Hodges was originally drafted in the 4th round of the 2013 Draft by the Minnesota Vikings. He was traded to the San Francisco 49ers in October 2015. In four NFL seasons, Hodges has played in 54 regular-season games with 26 starts. Hodges started 12 games in 2016 and finished the year with 83 tackles, three sacks, two interceptions, and one forced fumble. The 26-year old, 6’2”, 236lb defender is good run defender who does an adequate job in pass coverage.
- What we’ll learn from the Giants when they begin OTAs by Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com
- 10 things to watch in Giants’ OTAs, including Evan Engram and Dalvin Tomlinson by Dan Duggan for NJ.com
- 5 things to watch for in Giants’ OTAs by Pat Leonard of The Daily News
- Giants can now begin to learn if O-line problem cured itself by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- Where Justin Pugh, Giants’ other 2018 free agents stand entering contract years by James Kratch for NJ.com
- Justin Pugh begins Giants mega-deal dance: I see what I’m worth by Mark Cannizzaro of The New York Post
- Long snapper Zak DeOssie plans to play ‘as long as the Giants will have me’ by Dan Duggan for NJ.com
- Justin Tuck keeping busy in post-playing career by Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com