[contentblock id=1 img=html.png]
NEW YORK GIANTS CUT MYKKELE THOMPSON, ADD LINEBACKER…
The New York Giants have waived/injured defensive back Mykkele Thompson, who had been battling a quad injury. To fill the vacant roster spot, the Giants signed rookie free agent linebacker Jimmy Herman (Purdue University).
Thompson was drafted in the 5th round of the 2015 NFL Draft by the Giants. He missed all of his rookie season after rupturing the Achilles’ tendon in his right foot during the 2015 preseason and was placed on Injured Reserve in September 2016 after injuring his knee in Week 2. The Giants shifted him from safety to cornerback this offseason.
Herman attended the New York Giants rookie mini-camp in May on a tryout basis, but was not signed. He has a nice combination of size and athleticism. Herman played in eight games his senior season, and accrued only 28 tackles.
GIANTS.COM PLAYER INTERVIEWS…
Video clips of exclusive Giants.com interviews with the following players are available at Giants.com:
- Giants love Ben McAdoo’s ‘cross-coaching’ program by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- The numbers that back up Eli Manning’s ‘best’ start with Ben McAdoo | Giants camp stats by Dan Duggan and James Kratch for NJ.com
- Why Geno Smith thinks he’s a better QB heading into Giants’ debut by Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com
- Geno Smith on MetLife journey from Jets to Giants: ‘It’s still chapter one’ by Fran Kilinski of The Daily News
- How ‘real quiet’ Brandon Marshall fits in with Giants wide receivers by Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com
- Giants new tight end looking to follow dad’s Super Bowl path by Howie Kussoy of The New York Post
- What Giants’ Chad Wheeler learned from surprise 1st-team left tackle reps by James Kratch for NJ.com
- How Dalvin Tomlinson’s late-night study sessions of Giants setting stage for rookie impact by Art Stapleton of The Bergen Record
- Landon Collins’ ‘very realistic’ goal for 2017 is to win Defensive Player of the Year Award by Pat Leonard of The Daily News
- Giants ‘absolutely’ could win Super Bowl, Michael Strahan says by Bob Glauber of Newsday