NEW YORK GIANTS INJURY REPORT – OLIVIER VERNON RULED OUT…
Not practicing on Friday due to injury were linebacker Olivier Vernon (high ankle sprain) and linebacker Tae Davis (hamstring). Both players have been ruled out of Sunday’s game against the Jacksonville Jaguars.
“It’s safe to say (Vernon) won’t make it this week,” said Head Coach Pat Shurmur. “We’ll just worry about it week to week. He’s making great progress, so we’ll just have to see…We’re going to play with the guys that are healthy and we’ll see. Obviously you’d like to have OV on the field.”
Linebacker Lorenzo Carter (illness) fully practiced and is expected to play on Sunday.
PRACTICE SQUAD MOVES…
The New York Giants have signed running back Robert Martin to the Practice Squad, two days after he was waived from the 53-man roster. To make room for Martin, the Giants terminated the Practice Squad contract of defensive lineman Josh Banks.
THE COACHES SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following coaches are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
- Head Coach Pat Shurmur (Video)
- Head Coach Pat Shurmur Giants.com Q&A
- Offensive Line Coach Hal Hunter (Video)
- Defensive Line Coach Gary Emanuel (Video)
THE PLAYERS SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following players are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
- How will the 2018 Giants fare? It’s all up to Eli Manning by Tom Rock of Newsday
- Saquon Barkley already has the Giants talking by Tom Rock of Newsday
- Saquon Barkley’s debut with Giants should include plenty of touches by Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com
- Giants will find out about nasty rookie guard immediately by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- ‘My job is to put fear in the eyes’ | Giants returner Kaelin Clay all about ‘speed, speed, speed’ by Ryan Dunleavy for NJ.com
WHAT’S UP NEXT…
There is no media availability to the New York Giants on Saturday. The team plays the Jacksonville Jaguars on Sunday at home.