[contentblock id=1 img=html.png]
AUGUST 18, 2020 NEW YORK GIANTS TRAINING CAMP MEDIA PRACTICE NOTES…
Some snippets from various media and team sources:
- By all accounts, the Giants had one of their hardest hitting and most physical practices in years.
- Running backs Javon Leake and Wayne Gallman showed off some nifty moves. But Gallman, along with linebacker Cam Brown, had to run penalty laps.
- Linebacker Markus Golden’s quickness gave offensive tackle Cam Fleming some problems in 1-on-1 and 11-on-11 drills. But Fleming had a good practice overall at right tackle.
- Safety Xavier McKinney picked off a pass in the flat from quarterback Colt McCoy.
- Linebacker Devante Downs made a nice tackle on the goal line against running back Wayne Gallman.
- Left tackle Andrew Thomas had his hands full in 1-on-1 drills with defensive lineman Leonard Williams and linebackers Lorenzo Carter, Markus Golden, and Kyler Fackrell. Thomas also bounced back and did alright on other occasions.
- Defensive end R.J. McIntosh and offensive guard Shane Lemieux threw some punches at each other.
- Quarterback Daniel Jones threw a perfect back corner fade to wide receiver Sterling Shepard for a touchdown against cornerback James Bradberry. Shepard is having a good camp.
- Nick Gates looked good at center and Shane Lemieux flashed at guard.
- Left guard Will Hernandez had a strong practice.
- Linebacker Tae Crowder looked good in coverage.
- The Giants provided an excellent 27-minute overview of today’s practice, which is available on YouTube.
Cornerback Corey Ballentine appeared to seriously injure his shoulder. The cart was brought out but he stayed on the field and finished practice. Wide receiver Cody Core left practice with an unknown injury.
THE PLAYERS SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following players are available in The Corner Forum and at YouTube:
WHAT’S UP NEXT…
The New York Giants practice again on Wednesday afternoon (1:30-2:30PM), with Head Coach Joe Judge and select players also addressing the media earlier in the day.