SEPTEMBER 1, 2020 NEW YORK GIANTS TRAINING CAMP MEDIA PRACTICE NOTES…
Some snippets from various media and team sources:
- There was a lot of contact during 11-on-11 running drills.
- QB Daniel Jones threw a long touchdown pass to WR Darius Slayton over CB Corey Ballentine.
- Jones then threw a 20-yard pass to RB Saquon Barkley against linebacker T.J. Brunson.
- Jones connected on another long touchdown pass to Slayton over CB Dravon Askew-Henry.
- QB Colt McCoy threw a long touchdown pass to WR David Sills over CB Jarren Williams.
- CB Darnay Holmes knocked away a pass intended for WR Derrick Dillon.
- Defensive linemen Dalvin Tomlinson and Leonard Williams jumped offsides and were forced to run laps.
- WR C.J. Board dropped a pass in the endzone from Jones.
- CB Jarren Williams knocked away a pass from McCoy intended for WR Austin Mack in the end zone.
- Jones again throws another long touchdown to Slayton over Ballentine.
- LB Devante Downs knocked away a short pass from Jones to RB Dion Lewis.
- LB Kyler Fackrell dropped an interception on a pass from McCoy.
- LB Ryan Connelly was active against the run and the pass.
- Jones again connects on long pass to Slayton over Ballentine on 4th-and-10.
- Ballentine did break up a potential touchdown pass to Board in the end zone. However, after a touchdown reception by Barkley, Ballentine gave up the 2-point conversion to Board.
- Mack made an excellent over-the-shoulder sideline catch on a pass from McCoy in the 2-minute drill to up a field goal.
- In all, Jones completed six long passes on Tuesday, four to Slayton, one Sills, and one to Barkley.
- The Giants provided a video overview of today’s practice on YouTube.
Safety Xavier McKinney (left foot fracture), linebacker David Mayo (torn meniscus in left knee), wide receiver Golden Tate (hamstring?), linebacker Blake Martinez (unknown), safety Jaquarius Landrews (unknown), and tight end Rysen John (unknown) did not practice.
THE PLAYERS SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following players are available in The Corner Forum and on YouTube:
WHAT’S UP NEXT…
The New York Giants practice Wednesday afternoon (12:30-2:00PM). Head Coach Joe Judge and select players will also address the media.