[contentblock id=1 img=html.png]
REPORT – BEN MCADOO AND DOUG MARRONE EARLY FAVORITES…
According to The New York Daily News, New York Giants Offensive Coordinator Ben McAdoo and Jacksonville Jaguars Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Line Coach Doug Marrone are the early favorites to become the next head coach of the New York Giants. McAdoo interviewed with the Giants on Tuesday and Marrone on Saturday.
The Daily News says that New York Giants Defensive Coordinator Steve Spagnuolo and Detroit Lions Defensive Coordinator Teryl Austin are not likely to receive “serious consideration for the job.” Both interviewed with the Giants last Thursday.
The Giants will interview former Atlanta Falcons Head Coach Mike Smith, who will interview on Monday.
The Giants also interviewed Chicago Bears Offensive Coordinator Adam Gase on Friday but he was hired by the Miami Dolphins as their next year head coach on Saturday. NJ.com and The Daily News reported that the Giants were also interested in Cincinnati Offensive Coordinator Hue Jackson, but he is reportedly on the verge of being hired by the San Francisco 49ers as their next head coach.
All interviews have been conducted by team President/CEO John Mara and Senior Vice President/General Manager Jerry Reese.
"I’m told Giants are searching for a proven head coach which right now in this climate of candidates really limits their options." @RapSheet
— NFL Media (@NFLMedia) January 10, 2016
- Giants’ search to replace Tom Coughlin is risky business by Gary Myers of The New York Daily News
- The trait that may swing Giants’ search away from Ben McAdoo by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- Reese says coaching candidates should have thick skin by Tara Sullivan of The Bergen Record
- Stepping outside of the blue box: An inside look at covering Tom Coughlin’s Giants by Ralph Vacchiano of The New York Daily News
- Eagles can hire Tom Coughlin, but he’ll always be Giants’ most important coach by Mike Lupica of The New York Daily News
- Will Giants regret parting ways with Tom Coughlin? by Bob Glauber of Newsday
- Tom Coughlin to Eagles? Why it’s not so far-fetched by Steve Serby of The New York Post
- An inside perspective on quality Coughlin would bring to Eagles by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- Miami Dolphins considered, but never pursued, Tom Coughlin, per report by James Kratch for NJ.com
And the @nytimes … #TC thank you to #Giants fans…#tcjayfund pic.twitter.com/2JWj2nWV1z
— pat hanlon (@giantspathanlon) January 10, 2016