[contentblock id=1 img=html.png]
JULY 30, 2016 NEW YORK GIANTS TRAINING CAMP REPORT…
The New York Giants held their second summer training camp practice on Saturday at Quest Diagnostics Training Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey.
New York Giants defensive tackle Damon Harrison (knee swelling), defensive tackle Jay Bromley (ankle), and linebacker J.T. Thomas (hamstring) remain on the Physically-Unable-to-Perform (PUP) List.
“He’s getting closer,” said Head Coach Ben McAdoo of Thomas.
Some snippets from various media sources:
- Wide receivers Odell Beckham, Sterling Shepard, and Victor Cruz all worked with the first-team offense.
- Will Johnson worked with the tight ends and at H-Back.
- Adam Gettis practiced at center and Brett Jones at guard. Gettis also saw first-team reps at right guard.
- On the first play on 7-on-7 drills, linebacker Devon Kennard intercepted an underthrown pass by quarterback Eli Manning.
- Cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie worked at the slot corner position in 7-on-7 drills.
- Wide receiver Tavarres King beat cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie on a slant and then caught a bomb against cornerback Tramain Jacobs from quarterback Ryan Nassib.
- Tight end Larry Donnell flashed, including a reception down the seam and a diving reception.
- Quarterback Eli Manning hit wide receiver Geremy Davis for a red zone touchdown.
- Running back Orleans Darkwa ripped off a long run with the second-team offense.
- Montori Hughes and Greg Milhouse rotated with each other alongside Johnathan Hankins at defensive tackle with the first unit.
- Later in practice, the Giants appeared to be rotating Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Janoris Jenkins, and Eli Apple at the outside corner position while Trevin Wade worked more in the slot corner position.
- During the walkthru portion of practice, Eli Apple was the outside corner with Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie in the slot corner position.
— New York Giants (@Giants) July 30, 2016
THE PLAYERS SPEAK…
Transcripts and video clips of the media sessions with the following players are available in The Corner Forum and at Giants.com:
- Ben McAdoo, Giants aren’t messing around during training camp practices by Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com
- Giants rookies should play a lot this season by Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com
- Eli Manning: Not winning Super Bowl is like not eating for years by Steve Serby of The New York Post
- Larry Donnell impressing coaches in return from injury by Michael Eisen of Giants.com
- Matt LaCosse taking Giants camp one day at a time after injury a year ago by Tom Rock of Newsday
- Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie willing to work in slot for Giants by Tom Rock of Newsday
- How Eli Apple’s presence tests DRC’s defensive comfort level by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
- Giants rookie CB Eli Apple working on being less ‘handsy’ by Dan Duggan for NJ.com
WHAT’S UP NEXT…
The third training camp practice will be held on Sunday from 10:40 AM – 12:30 PM. Only nine remaining training camp practices at Quest Diagnostics Training Center will be open to the public (weather permitting) this year:
- Sunday, July 31: 10:40 AM – 12:30 PM
- Tuesday, August 2: 10:40 AM – 12:15 PM
- Thursday, August 4: 10:40 AM – 12:45 PM
- Friday, August 5: 10:40 AM – 11:40 AM
- Saturday, August 6: 10:40 AM – 1:00 PM
- Monday, August 8: 11:10 AM – 12:40 PM
- Tuesday, August 9: 10:40 AM – 12:55 PM
- Wednesday, August 10: 10:40 AM – 12:20 PM
- Sunday, August 14: 11:10 AM – 12:50 PM