BBI Donation Campaign – Your Support is Needed!: The annual BigBlueInteractive.com (BBI) donation campaign continues. If you value BBI, your support is needed. For details, please see the BBI Donation page.
We would like to thank everyone who has contributed to date. Your support is what allows BBI to continue and will not be forgotten. Thank you!
Injury Report: During yesterday’s conference call with the media, Head Coach Tom Coughlin was asked if the Giants had suffered any injuries in the preseason game against the Panthers. “We (came out of the game clean injury wise),” said Coughlin. “Some bumps and bruises. I don’t think anything that will keep anyone from working.”
Coughlin was then asked about the status of the following Giants who did not play in the game:
- Offensive guards Chris Snee (knee) and Rich Seubert (shoulder): “I expect that there will be progress made. I still think you are going to see some limitation there. We would like to get both of those guys as strong as they can and as healthy as they can before we go forward. So, that still remains a little bit of a question mark.”
- Cornerbacks Corey Webster (hip) and Aaron Ross (leg): “They are going to start back. I don’t think…we are not free to turn them loose, but we are going to start out with the individuals and perhaps a little bit of team and see where we are.”
- DT Rocky Bernard (hamstring) and LB Michael Boley (hip): “Bernard is going to be able to start in a very limited way back. Boley, no.”
- WR Steve Smith (knee): “He is going to start back.”
- DT Chris Canty (hamstring) and DT Fred Robbins (knee): No updates were provided because the press did not ask about these two.
HB Andre Brown, who ruptured his left Achilles’ tendon last week, had surgery yesterday. “I was told this morning by Ronnie Barnes that Dr. Warren was pleased with the results of the surgery,” said Coughlin. “We will have to see, we will have to see how (his recovery from a serious injury) goes. I think he is going to have a very early start on rehab which is going to help him. It is something that will take the necessary time and I don’t know what the time table is. He will have an outstanding opportunity to rehab and all we can do is be positive.”
Head Coach Tom Coughlin’s Tuesday Afternoon Media Conference Call: The transcript of Head Coach Tom Coughlin’s Tuesday afternoon media conference call is available at Giants.com.
Head Coach Tom Coughlin’s Post-Game Press Conference: The transcript from Head Coach Tom Coughlin’s post-game press conference after the Giants-Panthers preseason game is available at Giants.com. A video of the press conference is also available.
Giants-Panthers Video Highlights: Video highlights of the Giants’ 24-17 preseason victory over the Carolina Panthers are available at Giants.com.
Article on the Giants’ Wide Receiving Corps: Giants Putting Faith in Young Receivers by Rich Gosselin of The Dallas Morning News
Article on WR Mario Manningham: NY Giants’ Mario Manningham Needs to Keep Making Big Plays, Cut Down on Mistakes by Mike Garafolo of The Star-Ledger
Articles on the Giants’ Running Backs:
- Jacobs, Giants’ Other Backs Focus On Receiving by Tom Rock of Newsday
- Giants’ Bradshaw Off and Running by Vinny DiTrani of The Bergen Record
Article on the Giants’ Defense: Giants Pressure Panthers, Forces Turnovers in Impressive Performance by Ralph Vacchiano of The Daily News
Article on the Giants’ Defensive Line: Defensive Line Depth Might Be New York Giants’ Biggest Step by Rich Gosselin of The Dallas Morning News
Article on Defensive Coordinator Bill Sheridan: Out-of-Box Thinking Lands Sheridan on Sideline by Paul Schwartz of The New York Post
Notes: The training camp practice schedule is available in the Training Camp section of the website.